chapter 6

"Ok let's imagine that there is an.. um ... alternative world where... Some people live here..um.. as different people than.. in the other world" I looked at her and she looked back and said "so like someone in the first world is a doctor... While in the second is .. an actor?"

Weirdly accurate. "yeah something like that , so anyways I was in the other world .. aaaand I know what's going to happen here , and I got somewhat transported into the fiction of certain characters .. um still with me? " I stuttered out looking cautiously at her. She stayed oddly passive , no reaction whatsoever and a blank look on her face.

"dr. Linda??" I asked its gonna happen now .. she's gonna freak out an send me to loony house~

"Yeah. " she replied trailed off "I don't know what to say"

" I guess you don't hear everyday that someone just came from another world. Huh? Hehe.." I said awkwardly.

"So how did you get..um.. transported into this... World??" She asked me calmly. "i was watching TV." I deadpanned , I mean no point in lying right?

"You were watching TV??" she exclaimed and leaned forward curiously waiting for me to elaborate.

"Ok so I was watching tv when suddenly the screen stops all by itself. I try to turn it on but it keeps on glowing white and it doesn't move at all. And then I find myself here in los Angeles in a comma and the police say they found me in a crime scene." I told her my story and I felt relieve coursing through me , for finally letting it off my shoulder.  Dr Linda also stays completely calm and I can't help but feel slightly relaxed about her reaction. But then she keeps on being silent. Silence.. more silence.. and yet more silence till I start contemplate whether I should run through the door before she freaks out or wait hoping nothing is happening.

"Dr. Linda , are you ok? I mean you keep on staying quiet and I'm starting to freak out. Just spit out whatever you're thinking woman" is what I wanted to say but instead I just called her and waved my hand in front of her. I mean, her reaction is completely natural but she didnt freak out this much when she found out that Lucifer is the freakin' devil!!! 

"Yeah I'm fine Ellion. Um so what do you plan on doing?" she asked me while looking curious.

"Well.. I got a job.. and a place to live soo that's cool, but I still don't know how to get back, how to find out anything about what happened. I can't tell anyone and now.." I dropped the bomb "I'm hanging out with a man who pretends he's the devil and a detective.. I seriously don't know what to do."

Recognition filled her face as I mentioned Lucifer discreetly. Then it was gone as soon as it came. "Listen Ellion, I admit that this is the first time I heard of something like this.. " She took a deep breath, crossed her legs and.. "You need to find out why you were brought here. have you ever thought that maybe you really were in a comma and your subconscious.. uh.. projected these images in your mind. Um.. sometimes the conscience tunes into other people's lives.. like um an out of body experience! have you ever thought of that?" she explained to me as I tried to imagine that my life has all been a projection of my subconscious mind and that when i woke up it all ended.. "hahahahahahhahahahahahahah!!!" I looked at Dr. Linda disbelievingly and laughed a bit more, " Are you kidding me? No way is that possible. All my memories are real and I lived in another world where all this.." I gestured to all around me "..was just a piece of fiction!"

"You know, our minds are really powerful, Ellion. Sometimes they project things so real.. yet they don't exist..." she trailed off looking at me. I looked back on every single laugh, every single tear, every single memory burned in my mind and I just couldn't believe that all of that... is not real.

"I gotta go" i stood up, and Dr. Linda stood as well understanding showed on her face. "Thanks for today Dr. Linda I'll see you later." I went out the door conflicted emotions swirling inside me. I just couldn't get myself to believe that everything I remember has been a big fat lie and that I have some sort of amnesia or something.. Unbelievable!

I went home and decided to just relax and start going with the flow of the episodes on Lucifer. I mean I can't just miss out on most events right? I entered the house with the spare key Chloe gave me and found Trixie watching TV with Chloe.

"Hey guys.." I greeted them tiredly, seriously all these thoughts are just so tiring!

"Hey Ellie, where have you been?"Chloe called out while I was walking to my room.

"I got a job." I dropped my bag on my bed and came out, "at a nearby cafe."

"Really that's great, Congratulations!" she told me impressed.

"Yeah.. figured it was time to get my life back on track." I went to the kitchen and drank a glass of water then told Chloe I'm going to sleep since I'm exhausted. I went to my bed and decided that the next day I will go with Lucifer and Chloe on the case.

.............................................................

3 A.M. in the morning

The first thing my groggy brain registered is a rustling  in my room, and then the second thing is the brightness of my laptop open and then the slight breeze coming from my window. I sat up to look around barely making out the figure sitting on my laptop copying all files....

.........wait what?

.... the figure sitting on my laptop??!!!!!