Chapter 5

"If you drive like loonies, I'm jumping out of the car." I warned him. He looked at me amused, and then said "live a little, Ellion. Have fun!" 

He started the car but this time he drove a bit slower despite his words. "So tell me dear Ellie, what makes you special and immune to my charms?" He said still looking at the road infront of him. I knew that I was walking on shaky ground with lucifer. From what I saw on the show, I don't think it's good to be on his bad side and I learned that he gets what he wants. 

"I'm not that special, why can't you believe that I really can't remember anything?" I said exasperated, but he cut me off with a loud humorless laugh, and I thought I saw a slight red glint in his eyes when he glanced at me, but it was gone as soon as it came.

"I told you Ellion you can't lie to the devil. Oh and another interesting thing." He looked at me, "you're the second person who is not affected by me. I mean not completely unaffected, but just not strong enough for you to tell me what I want. Care to explain?" I kept silent and tried not to give away anything.

"So we have two options here, dear. One you're a really complex person and I just need a little bit of time with you, or you're an angel sent to kill me. Though there is the third option of you being jedi or psychic, by the way are you?"

"What? No!" I looked at him, then after some thought I added "although that would be really cool you know. Can you imagine me reading people's minds and throwing cars around." I smiled dreamily and looked at him

He glanced at me and muttered "You're a strange one."

Lucifer parked the car while I went to see Chloe avoiding any questions from him. Chloe was talking to two officers.

"Hey Ellion, where's lucifer?"

"Oh he's-"

"Right here. Did you miss me?" He grinned slyly. Speak of the devil.

Nope. I Sure didn't.

They both looked at me, Chloe amused and lucifer surprised. Oops did I say that out loud?

"You sure did." Chloe said smiling teasingly, then she looked at lucifer, "look lucifer, we found someone else who doesn't see you as a piece of walking meat."

"Yes this is a serious problem detective. You're spreading the disease." He said earnestly, which made Chloe roll her eyes. His face was just adorable. "I mean look at me, Noone can resist this" He gestured to all himself.

"What this? You just pointed at yourself." I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"Exactly, love." He said looking at me like it's the most obvious thing in the world. I rolled my eyes at him, Well there goes adorable out of the window.

We started walking and Chloe started explaining the case "a girl is missing and we're going right now to meet her boyfriend-"

"You should come Ellie, it'll be fun we can even test your detective skills" Lucifer cut her off with a tempting voice and suddenly I remembered the case they were talking about it was the girl who was scheming the whole thing with her boyfriend..

"Oh I think I'll be fine.. my detective skills are probably hidden deep deep down" I laughed nervously, I know he is planning something.

"Oh.. well I can help you discover them if you'd like~" he flirted while coming a bit closer.

"Yeaaaah I think I'll keep them away for now , I gotta go now " I said stepping away a bit. I started walking away and said over my shoulder "laters"

..........................................

While I was walking I found a café that needed workers. I entered and spoke to the manager, and I showed her the papers lucifer gave me earlier. She hired me saying they will try me for two weeks. I was overjoyed, I decided to treat myself to ice cream. This was the first normal good thing that happened to me in the last two days.

I just needed to find out how to get back. To the real world. Oh god will you listen to me? I'm insane, I'm insane, I'm insane!

You know what? I need to go and tell lucifer everything.

No you lunatic, do you want him to think you're crazy?!

Sometimes my mind can be stern..

Suddenly something rang in my head and I decides that I needed to go to someone professional. A therapist! Now before you think what is she saying? Let's remember that lucifer told his therapist that he was the devil and she helped him even if she didn't believe him. That's it! If she can be okay with him being the devil, then she can be okay with me coming from another world.

I finished my ice cream and with a new resolution I decided to head back to Chloe's house. I entered but found the house empty. Trixie was asleep while Chloe was not there. I shrugged it off knowing she was probably with lucifer. I went to the room, opened my laptop and searched for Dr.Linda Martin. I got her number and address and decided to pay her a visit tomorrow.

...........................

The next day..

I met with Dr Linda and agreed on specific days to come and just talk about whatever I want.

I was a bit nervous and after we agreed on everything we started the first session.

"So Ellie, what's troubling you? I can tell that you're carrying a big secret on your shoulder."

"Oh you're good!" I said gleefully, but then I cleared my throat and asked her the question in my throat since the beginning "if I tell you the truth will you think I'm crazy and I also want to make sure that everything I say here stays here.."

"Oh yeah sure. Everything you say is kept between you and me, and as for thinking your crazy, well.. I've heard alot so why don't you just start from the beginning and tell me what happened.." She said all the time looking me in the eye, assuring me wordlessly that I can trust her and that there is nothing to be afraid of.

"Well the thing is Dr Linda. . How do I say this?..." I paused, looked her in the eye and said "I'm not from here.."

She looked at me confused "not from Los Angeles?"

"NO,I mean no, I don't mean not from here as in not from LA but not from.. it'll just be easier if I tell you what happened from the very beginning."

"Ok, yeah let's start from the beginning" she smiled encouragingly. I looked at her uncertainly. Then began telling her what started it all.