The Secret Origin of Tom Triole Part 5

Start from the beginning

Scanning my surrounding, I spotted an old gas station and immediately headed towards it. The increasingly louder growls behind me alerted me to the ticking time and I shot a fireball towards the tanks as I sped past it. The tanks should be emptied by the UGE, however, I hoped there was still enough to catch fire. The only other thing I hoped to find was a liquor store.

Judging from the intensity of the fire that exploded up behind me, there wasn't much juice left in those tanks at all, and it only delayed the two beasts for a few precious seconds as they skirted around it. Cursing under my breath, I started to zig zag across the narrower streets, hoping it would slow them down. Turning around, I saw the other were being chased by the same Legres, except they were being force to run back the way we came.

Short on time, I concentrated back on myself. Tapping on my watch, I contemplated about pressing the red button, but pride and suspicion stopped me. I wasn't keen on being take out by a helicopter, nor did the appearance of Class C Legres seemed normal. They had surveillance cameras all over the place, how were the Associate not alerted to what was happening?

Using the navigation system nonetheless, I took a sharp turn right and back on a main road. With nowhere to hide and the two Legres hot on my trail, I tried my best to evade their aggressive advance and used what moments I had to distract them with fireballs. But those only cause a small sizzle on their tough hide. My brain was swirling with thoughts. Those Legres could have easily over power us, but they were holding back and forcing the others to run in a particular direction, why?

Armed with some sense of security, I forged on and continued to go in the opposite direction they wanted me to. I won't give in until it was life or death, there was something extremely suspicious about this.Suddenly, my luck seemed to take a turn as one of the Legre seemed to hit an invisible barrier, causing it to wobble on its hind legs and almost fell into its companion. Using this moment to my advantage, I retailiated by setting everything flammable around them on fire.

The way the Legre crashed reminded me of Abigail, however, I couldn't be certain that it was her who had helped me. It could easily be one of the Mentals.

Spying a few abandoned cars right next to the Legres, I immediately threw a few more fireballs towards their petrol tanks and the fire went up as several mini-explosions occurred. This successfully blocked their path to me, giving me enough time to stretch the distance between us.

A loud noise behind us caught my attention, but I didn't dare slowing down. Out of nowhere, a group appeared and I couldn't stifle the moan that made its way to my lips.

Fred Bowen, one of my least favourite person was running towards me with more enthusiasm than I wished to never see again, dragging Nat-something behind him. His face fell as he spied the two Legres that was next to the burning cars, I wasn't in any position to help.

More people appeared behind the duo, all of them looking worse for wear and absolutely exhausted, and none of them looked like they could deal with the situation.

"Come out." I shouted, hoping whoever it was that had helped me will show themselves. It was a long shot to hope that it was Abigail, but an additional person who had the reserve to produce a mind wall like that will be a severely welcome addition.

Having now stopped in my tracks, I created a wall of fire around myself and let Bowen iced his way in with his gang. I didn't particularly like having him near me, but I wasn't cold-blooded enough to leave all these people to fend for themselves.

The two Canines and the three Legres that was chasing them, which also looked Canine, congregated towards us, circling around us. I knew I could only sustain the flame for so long without additional fuel, and the others had to relied on Bowen's protection to not die of heat.