Vampire blood VIII

Copyright © 2010 Alexandra-Patricia Pusca

ID 8389919

ISBN: 978-1-4457-0390-9

Lulu publishing

CHAPTER VIII

MICHAEL'S POV

As soon as I got into the pub I saw Aaren holding Alexia tight into his arms. His body was tense, ready to fight and protect her, if anything got wrong. I looked at the unknown vampire that was holding his hand on Alexia's shoulder. She seems really pissed about all the situation, but I'm sure she wasn't even aware of the fact that she was staying right between two mature vampires. I could laugh if it wasn't such a dangerous situation.

In order to banish the intruder I began to release a little of my power. This way, the outsider will know who I am.

As I got closer to Aaren, I said:

- Aaren! Is everything ok?

- Yeah, piece of cake, answered Aaren smirking.

The other vampire began to tremble because of my power. He looked horrified towards me and he let go of Alexia, beginning to retreat.

- Please forgive me. I'm really sorry. I didn't know the girl was with you. He said.

- Just leave before I begin to loose my patience, I said with venom in my words. If we weren't in a public place with so many people I would have killed him in an instant. But he was lucky with the entire situation in hand.

- I don't have time to stay here talking with a mud blood as you! I continued, as I let go of a little bit more of my dark power, obviously sending waves of terror through his body.

- I'm really sorry! I didn't know. Said the unknown guy bowing a little and in an instant he left, rushing through the exit of the pub.

Aaren relaxed almost instantly after that. He turned Alexia around looking into her green eyes.

- Are you ok? He asked her.

Alexia looked at him, obviously stressed and confused and answered in a mere whisper.

- I think so!

Aaren sensed her voice and tried to change the subject, before she could ask him questions about what happened earlier.

- Alexia, I want you to meet my friends. He said with too much hope in his tone.

After a short pause, she answered distrustful:

- Ummm... ok?

Her answer sounded like a question and Aaren chuckled hearing her words. Then he let go of her. She balanced a little and then stood alone, facing Aaren.

- This is Paul, said Aaren.

She looked curious at Paul and, in a blink of an eye she saw everything, his clothes and his face,looking more at his face.

- Hello, my dear! How are you? Asked Paul, looking at her smiling.

- Hi, she said weakly. I'm fine, thank you!

- This is Leo, said Aaren.

I guess she didn't like Leo, or the way he was looking at her because she smiled a little evil smile and used, without knowing the power of her blood, showing him who she is. Leo didn't expect her reaction. His eyes widen and the smile on his face disappeared in an instant. He obviously felt offended, even if he knows that Alexia is not aware of her powers.

- Excuse me! I have to go, he said leaving.

- Leo, don't take it like that! Said Aaren, trying to tell him in not so many words that Alexia doesn't know what she did.

- I think he doesn't like me too much! She said laughing. Maybe she knows what she did after all, I said to myself.

- No, it's not like that! Said Aaren.

- Leo is not so good at socialising, that's all, said Paul.

- No, really, she said sarcastic.

- Alexia? Asked Aaren, obviously trying to attract her attention. And this is Michael, he said pointing towards me.

Then, she saw me for the first time, after all these years... She looked me in the eyes and in an instant I remembered that night like it was yesterday. Her skin became paler than usual, she seemed confused and scared. I didn't expect her to have such a reaction when she saw me.

- Hello, I said, coming closer to her, slowly, step by step, so I wouldn't scare her. I was looking straight into her eyes, trying to find out what she could think in this moment, when she saw me. As I get closer to her she tensed, her body began to tremble lightly and her heart began to race. She couldn't even breathe normally anymore. Suddenly, she put her hand on the chair next to her, probably in an attempt to regain her balance. Then her eyes began to change colour becoming brighter by the minute. I was shocked. I didn't know she could do that. What could this mean? She began to close her eyes and I caught her in my arms right before she fainted.

I hold her tight into my arms.

- Paul, what's happening? I asked him, hoping he could have an answer about her condition.

- Her pulse is weak. We have to take her out of here now, he said.

- Let's go! Said Aaren.

I took Alexia in my arms in a bridal style and head towards the exit of the mall. I took her into the car. Leo was there, waiting for us. He was shocked to see her unconscious.

- What happened? He asked.

- I don't know, but we have to take her to my clinic, said Paul. I have to make her some tests and, besides, she will be safe there. She can go home, after she wakes up.

- Tests? What kind of tests, I asked Paul as soon as we got into the car.

- Blood tests.

- Is she going to be alright? Asked Aaren.

- I hope.

- But, what could have happened all of a sudden? I mean, she was alright and suddenly she fainted.

- I think is Michael's fault, said Paul all of a sudden, taking me by surprise.

- Wait a minute, my fault? Why? What did I do?

- I don't know yet, but I promise I will find out.

All the way to the clinic I hold her in my lap, her head on my shoulder. Now I was so close to her. I could touch her warm skin and caress her lips. I just wanted to kiss her pink little mouth. But I can't. I took her hand into mine. She didn't wake up at my cold touch. She was far away into the darkness and couldn't see, feel or hear anything. I felt drawn towards her. Her smell was like nothing else I've sensed in all my life. I felt addicted to the smell of her blood. All I could think about was the wonderful taste that it should have.

- Michael, Michael!!! Almost shouted Aaren.

- Yeah... I said, looking confused around me. It was as if I just woke up from a trance. I mean, what the hell, how could she have so much power over me. I hate her. I lost the most precious person I had because of her and I can't forget that, I said to myself.

- You are acting very strange. I've never saw you this way. You can't take your eyes of her. Don't you?

- That's not true. I'm just a little tired. It was a lame excuse, I know, but it was the best I had in that moment.

- Whatever! Said Aaren, smirking again.

I couldn't take my eyes of her..., that's true. A mere human has such a power over me! I can't believe it. I can't.

PAGE

PAGE 4