Chapter 19: Recruitment

I opened the door to see a blonde lady sitting behind a desk working on paperwork.

"Welcome to Nelson and Murdock Attorneys at Law. My name is Karen Page. How can I-" She stop speaking as she finally looked up at Pietro and I. I could tell from her face she was scared. Once again the news ruins my day.

"Yes, I look like the Nicole on the tv that is killing people. That is actually why I am here. I am not that person on the tv and I heard you guys help the little guy."

"Um... yes but your case it is hard to prove." I could feel her trying to push us back out the door without actually getting up and doing it herself.

"Karen." That's when I noticed a man in the doorway to the room on the left. He had a walking stick and glasses. That must be the Murdock in Nelson and Murdock.

"Hello, I am Matt," he said as he stuck out his hand. I took it and shook his hand. "We would love to take on your case." I didn't actually think that would work. He turned around and took a step into his office. "Why don't we talk more about this in my office." I looked toward Pietro who was surprised that actually worked. We walked into Matt's office and he closed the door behind us. He motioned for us to sit so we did. He used his walking stick to get around to the back of his desk and sat down.

"So, may I ask is there any reason someone would be impersonating you?"

"Well there are many reasons. I mostly came up with the idea that someone who hates heroes so what's the best way to get at them. Ruin their daughters career. I mean it is understandable with the outbreak of these vigilantes. Daredevil comes to mind. I mean I am ok with him."

"Very interesting idea but sadly we will need to find proof that there is someone impersonating you." It's amazing he didn't even flinch.

"That's what I thought. You know I heard a little rumor that Captain America is actually looking for heroes to help him out."

"Does he need powers so he can win the fight against the Sokvia Accords. If powered people hear this, they better not take that deal. That's not their fight."

"It's actually not about that. I actually think he is going after the girl that is faking me on the news. Well I think I should get going." I put a piece of paper on his desk that said everything he needs to know about the mission. Yes, it was in braille. "If you are ok with these terms then you can contact me. Pietro and I must get going. We have your friend Jessica Jonas to talk to." We both got up and walked out the door.

"Thanks for coming," Karen said as we walked out the front door.

"So, wait, that blind man we were talking to is the vigilante Daredevil?" Pietro asked.

"Little late to ask that question but yes that was him. He had some radioactive acid fall into his eyes which made him go blind but enhanced all his other senses. He is a lot tougher than he looks."

"Oh I have heard the stories about him. So what are we looking for." The elevator binged and the door open to an apartment building hallway.

"Right there," I said pointing to the door at the end of the hallway. "Alias Investigations run by Jessica Jones." We walked out of the elevator slowly. I don't really get why; I guess we were kinda on edge. I heard Jessica didn't really work well with other people. We got up to the door and Pietro knocked. I did not want that job. If I knew anything I knew someone that didn't like people would not like them knocking on the door.

"Come in," a girl said from the inside. I am going to assume she was probably Jessica. Pietro opened the door and I stepped in the see the girl slipping on a tank top.

"Hello, you must be Jessica Jones," I said.

"And you are Nicole Stark daughter of the one and only Tony Stark."

"That would be me."

"So what are you two doing here?"

"Well, Cap need some help. I then decided to come to you."

"And what makes you think I can help or even want to help."

"You and I both know that I know about your powers and that you have been watching the news. That's why you have been on edge since you found out who I was. Just like I have been telling everyone that isn't me. Cap wants you to help fight her because she is too powerful to be taken down without help."

"And?"

"I really don't know what else you will get out of this. It would just be really nice to have your help and maybe your friend Luke Cage."

"Luke might be a little difficult.

"I trust your skills. Anyway, here is a card just in case you do want to help us out." I handed her the card with everything she needs and with that Pietro and I left to go seek out other people.

"So are we going to talk to someone else?" Pietro asked as we were walking towards the car.

"I was thinking Antman but I don't think it's his time yet. I heard he has a pretty big amount of stuff on his plate."

"Don't you mean ant sized."

"Ha ha ha very punny."

"Well I try."

"So how'd the talent search go?" My dad said as I walked into the living room. He had the iron man legs on which meant he probably couldn't walk on his own.

"And don't you think you should still be in bed. You can barely walk without help," I said motioning my hand towards his legs. He just shrugged and pretended nothing was abnormal. Cap, who was behind him, gave me a look which I knew meant he tried to stop my dad from getting up but once my dad wants something he will not let it go.

"I don't really know if the search went well or not. I only got to ask about three supers, well two and asked one to get another. They all didn't seem too pleased with helping us out though. Either because I am a murder or because of the Sokovia Accords that are pushing everyone against a wall." Everyone stayed silent. This is not a good situation. We needed help, badly. I don't even think that the help will actually help this mission succeed but I am not going to tell anyone that.

"All we can do now is train until help arrives," Pietro said. Now I know it's going to take forever until I can punch that other Nicole. I have been dreaming about that punch for so long.