Chapter 8: Fear Kills

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER GETS REALLY DARK AND GRUESOME. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

"Nicole, wake up." Ugh man every time I woke up I have been extremely sore, which is understandable from the night-night gun and all. I open my eyes and see that I am still in med bay. My whole body feels heavy. I lifted up my arm but it didn't look right. I could see skin but something was covering my body. I then realized that my dad must have done what I asked. He must have also tinkered with my suit to make it look like I wasn't wearing it but it's not perfect though. I also assumed it can contain whatever was happening to me. The power probably has something to do with the thing Carol accidentally gave me.

"Chloe, where is everyone?"

"You have been out for a little bit so the Avengers all went out on a mission, well more like a fake party for the return of Pietro, Daisy had to go back to S.H.I.E.L.D, and you mother had an emergency at Stark Industries."

"Ok, so why did you wake me up?"

"You might want to look at the TV." The TV turned on and on the screen was a news report about someone just hovering in front of Avengers Tower. I recognized the red aura around her. It was Wanda. She wasn't even moving; she is just staring at the building.

"Um what is Wanda doing."

"I think she wants you. I think whatever took over your body and Carol's is also taking over hers. Carol doesn't have whatever it is on your neck, which most likely she got rid of it when she touched you. Whatever it is it seems like it wants whatever you have back. I already informed the Avengers. They will be here as quick as possible."

"Did someone try to get the whatever off my neck."

"Yes but it almost killed you so it's not off."

"Is that what caused my powers."

"Carol assumed so."

"Do you have control over my powers."

"Yes for now, but you can't take off the suit."

"Fine, I have to see if I can help Wanda."

"Hey Wanda, it's Nicole. You ok..." I have been trying to get her attention for 5 minutes now. She is just looking at me. "Well if you are not Wanda, I am assuming you are looking for that thing on the back of my neck." She finally reacted by lifting up her hand, the red glowing a little more vibrant. Without me even being able to react her hands went together and quickly came apart. My suit ripped away with the movement of her fingers. "Glad I was wearing clothing under that. To be honest you might not want to have done that. I can't really control the powers that thing gave me." She put her hand up and I couldn't move anymore. Even though I could literally die from one movement of Wanda's hand her powers are awesome. She floated to the ground right in front of me. When I looked into her eye I knew it wasn't Wanda. She did the evil head tilt and her eyes grew red as she raised her free hand. I have a bad feeling about this.

My dad has told me a few times, what Wanda did. Whenever he needs to talk he comes to me. He can't go to my mother because she would freak out, he can't go to the rest of the team because everyone is still mad about Ultron, so saying what Wanda did tip him over the edge would not go well (even if some of the team have gone through the same thing), and he can't go to Rhodey because he would freak out even more than my mother. I was the best option. I was told everything from him actually getting his reactor to what Wanda did. Whatever my dad wanted to say I allowed even if I didn't want to know what happened to him because it did hurt me sometimes but it healed him more. What Wanda did, hurt me the most by knowing that my dad saw his worst fear, all his family dyeing by his own hand. That hit him hard, as everyone knows because, after, he created Ultron. He was trying to make sure his vision that he thought would be the future didn't come true. Every time he would tell me the story I would try to convince him that his vision wasn't real and would never happen because we would protect each other, he never believed me. To be honest, if I saw what he saw, I wouldn't believe myself either. Well I guess I do know what he saw, kinda.