9. Look Alike

Asa now stood outside with new outfit: a long-sleeved light pink loose shirt, a white shawl around her slender waist, a pair of leather gloves, brown pants and finally dark brown boots. Her white hair was tied in low ponytail with matching pink band. "Um... what's the meaning of this outfit?"

"It's convenient for horse riding," Arman simply reasoned as he came with Jasper trotting after him, "Here is Jasper. He's one tame horse, so you don't have to worry of getting stomped or kicked!"

'Getting stomped or kicked?' Asa gulped at the thought, "That's... good. But I don't know if I'm allowed to ride a horse or not."

"You are, of course. Everyone is allowed to ride a horse!" Arman nodded convincingly.

"I mean," Asa averted her gaze away from him, sighing, "...by my parents."

"Oh, I'm sure Heika and Ohi-sama won't mind," Bahar came into scene, bringing an ivory cloth with her, "They only ban swords training. They never mentioned about horse riding."

Asa seemed to consider what Bahar said. "...do princesses ride horses?" She then asked with a serious face.

Bahar raised a brow once as Asa stared at her straight in the eyes. She looked genuinely seeking for her answer.

Bahar smiled. "Us Parsians are born natural equestrian. As a Parsian--the royal princess, even--it's just in your blood, Hime-sama."

Asa curled her eyebrows in confusion. "Does that mean it's in Okaa-sama's blood as well?" she asked, raising one brow.

"Why yes." Bahar nodded convincingly. Though, she herself couldn't picture the queen riding a horse in her mind.

Asa pondered for a moment. "What about yours?"

Bahar blinked. Placing the cloth she was bringing on her left arm, she brought her right hand to her mouth and let out a high-pitched whistle, causing Jasper to jerk its head up and neighed while standing on its hind legs. It then ran from Arman and stopped behind Bahar after circling her.

"It is." she smiled calmly, petting Jasper as Asa stared at her in shock.

"Bahar-san is right; everyone in this village can ride horses just fine," Arman added with a grin, "From the kids to the elders, and of course my wife and my little angel Gul, too!"

Asa gawked at him and quickly snapped out of her shock by repeatedly shaking her head.

"Then, I shall prove myself worthy to be the princess of an equestrians country," she smirked, "Arman-san, can you teach me how to do it?"

"That's the spirit! Of course I can!" Arman grinned happily as he took Jasper's reins in his hand, "Oh, and you can also drop the formalities around me!"

"Alright then, Arman!" Asa nodded back, proceeding to leave but then Bahar stopped her. "Before you go, Hime-sama, please put this on. It's a cloak." Bahar outstretched the cloth she was holding to her.

Asa nodded as a thanks and put it on. "Watch me, okay, Bahar?"

Bahar nodded, her smile never leaving her lips. "I will."

○○○

In short period of time, Asa had managed to gain Jasper's trust and they now were racing against Arman, who mounted on another brown horse named Kaspar.