Registration

A/N Thank you Ripley for editing this. It makes such a difference to me!

Dr. Green POV

We are supposed to be at the school early today to help out with registration. It starts at 9am and we should to be there at 8am but we need to figure out what to do with the stepfather, Marc.

Sang swears that he is innocent in her 'punishments' and I am leaning toward believing her. We haven't found any kind of criminal record on him, but then we hadn't found one on Sang's mother either.

Owen got my attention by tapping me on the shoulder. I look up at him and see the same worries in his eyes that I knew were in mine. We have to go talk to him before he realizes Sang isn't coming home to meet him before school.

Someone had been watching the Sorenson house all morning. Kota is at the school with most of the others setting up our surveillance. North called to tell us that Marc arrived home at 6:30am. Owen and I are waiting in the gutted church down the road that the Taylors bought to turn into a diner. We set up a little meeting space near the old chapel. Hopefully, we can bring him back here after school. We don't want him to come to any of the residences or meet any of the boys in case he wants to call the police on us and we have to disappear Sang.

We pull up to the grey two story. It looks like a normal house, but knowing what went on in there makes it seem like it had a haze of black surrounds it.

Sang said that her mother usually slept in. We are hoping that is the case today as well.

I tap my knuckles on the door and wait, holding my breath.

The door opens and a slight man about my height with curly brown hair and dark brown eyes smiles at us. Here we go.

"Mr. Drillings?" Owen asks.

"Yes?"

"I am Mr. Blackbourne and this is Dr. Green. We are here about Sang."

"She's probably asleep still, do you need me to go and get her? What is this about?" Marc asks, his smile fading off of his face.

"She's not here, actually." I state. "She hasn't been all weekend, since Thursday." Marc's eyes widen and he starts to open his mouth in alarm.

Owen cuts him off. "Mr. Drillings, Sang is being abused at home. By her mother. We have been keeping her in a safe home the last few days. Mrs. Sorenson has made it clear to us that should Sang return home, the abuse will continue. We would like your help. Also, Sang would like to see you to explain. It needs to happen after registration for school today though. Are you amenable to meeting later today?"

He swallows visibly and nods. "Yes, I want to see her."

"Good. Miss Sorenson will text you on your phone later today from a new number and tell you where to meet us." Owen turns and walks away. I stay a second longer to see the devastation on Marc's face and I knew Sang was right, he didn't know about the abuse.

****

Sang POV

North is taking me to registration. I can move much better today. I am so glad I can dress myself, even if I am wearing exactly what Gabriel told me to wear for registration. It is nice not to have to worry about it. I am not sure why I need to dress up but I feel good in the blue skirt and modest white blouse they bought me yesterday. I have a notebook and a pencil with me along with the course schedule we figured out together tucked inside.

We take North's custom motorcycle to school. I have never been on one before. When I ask him if he would let me go for a ride he seems surprised. He rubs a hand over the back of his neck, looking down at me and lifts a dark eyebrow. "You'll have to hang on to me."