Step Monster Part 2 (Still chapter 16)

***

Mr. Blackbourne POV

We know Mrs. Sorenson is home, Mr. Taylor saw her enter the house a half hour ago and Dr. Green and I waited until the boys left to go to work at the school to head over.

A short woman with pale brown hair finally opens the door after I knock for a minute. She looks aggravated and says nothing as she stands firmly in the doorway.

"Mrs. Emily Sorenson I believe? I am Mr. Blackbourne and this is Dr. Green. We would like to speak to you about your daughter Sang." Her shoulders tense at the name. She should be worried. Her daughter has been missing for over a day and is covered in bruises from her own hand.

"Come in" she grudgingly steps aside from the door and Dr. Green and I enter.

She leads us to the living room and she plops down in a chair leaving us to sit or stand as we wish. Dr. Green looks at me and then sits. I stand to the side of the couch and look down on her.

"What do you want then?" She asks in a scorching voice.

I decide brevity is the best when it comes to this woman. I want to strangle her and that may not be the best way to get what I want from her. "We are from a private school called the Academy. There is a scholarship set up in Miss Sorensons name. She will reside at the school and be there until she is eighteen."

"No"

That was it? No consideration? I have never met a parent that has not jumped on the chance to enroll a child in our school. Whether it was to get rid of them or to provide them a better education, they have always flown at the chance.

Dr. Greens fists clenched. After Miss Sorensons little melt down about not being worth it to us and her nightmares the past two nights along with him having to treat her injuries I can tell this is hitting him the hardest. But she is affecting us all.

It seems he can't hold back anymore. "We know about the abuse Mrs. Sorenson. We have documentation and Sangs statement. Just let us take her." He growls out the last part and starts to stand.

I jump in before he can physically try and intimidate her and he sits back down. "Sign over your custody to the Academy and we will walk away, Mrs. Sorenson."

"What custody?! The little whore doesn't exist. I can do whatever I want with her because I can deny even knowing about her, let alone anything that happens to her." She bursts out her face heating.

So she knows? She knows that Miss Sorenson has no records. Well she must, she is the one to fake her daughter's birth certificate. I try again, putting a bit of menace into my voice. "The Academy can be very influential... and persuasive."

The fear has left her shoulders and she smirks a bit. "I don't believe you. This is just some preppy school that she has slept her way into. Are you a board members son or something? The little bitch can't wriggle her way out of this that easily. She is the reason her father left us all! Her cheating whore of a mother ruined my marriage and brought HER into the world only to have him leave her with me when he left me for someone else."

So Miss Sorenson is not this woman's daughter. The venom in her words is shocking. It may help to explain to Sang why her mother -Step mother - treats her so badly. TREATED her so badly. Miss Sorenson will not be coming back here if this woman is still in this house.

I almost growl at the infernal woman, "Oh, believe us. You will be hearing from our people, and Miss Sorenson will not be returning here. Goodbye Mrs. Sorenson."