Nightmares

A/N Thank you again to Anna for doing the hard grammar work and helping get these 13516 words done in time for Update Day! And Kitkat for listening to me whine about what my characters are doing and being a huge part of my inspiration for writing in the first place.

Sang's POV

Kota asked me to stay the night... I was going to stay the night with practical strangers. BOY strangers. I had hardly thought about it and had just said yes. My mother would be so disappointed in me. No, actually she would be gleeful. Thrilled that she was right and I was a whore. But I wasn't. They hadn't asked me for anything, or to do anything... Granted they had both seen my breasts but I had been stuck in my shirt and Kota helped me without looking, not really looking anyway. Then Dr. Green treated me. He was trying to lessen my pain and help me heal faster. That wasn't something bad guys do, right?

After we had eaten I followed Kota up the stairs and heard him mutter about Dr. Green "Doc was just planning on putting North in lipstick and now is calling us children?"

Giggling, I heard a grumpy grunt from behind me. I turn with a smile on my mouth and see that even though Dr. Green is trying to frown at me, he has laughter in his eyes. "I've got that doctors cure for giggles right here missy" Pointing at his lips.

'Oh' is all my brain can think. Is a kiss the doctor's cure? I need to giggle more, I thought rebelliously. His lips are so full and happy. I don't think I have ever seen someone smile so much in my life. No one real and tangible and right here next to me. I want to reach out and touch his lips.

I hear a small cough and look up into Dr. Greens eyes. He is looking at my lips too. He looks around and gets a slightly guilty expression on his face and then turns to Kota.

"What's the plan, Kota?"

"Why don't you get the bed ready for Sang, Doc. I will take our wet clothes down to the dryer and bring up blankets and extra pillows for your pallet." Kota stated and then walked off into the bathroom to gather up my wet clothes from earlier.

It seemed strange that Dr. Green would ask Kota for instructions on what to do. I guess it is Kotas house but he acted like he was taking orders. I wonder when I will understand more about these guys.

Dr. Green pulled out the trundle beneath Kotas bed and grabbed the sheets from a shelf in the closet. I walked over to help him, but he shook his head. "Nope, Pookie you sit down."

"Dr. Green I can help put on sheets!"

He looked at me severely "Call me Sean, and Pookie you couldn't get out of your own shirt. You need to rest your muscles today. We will work on some massage and light stretching tomorrow after you have rested."

I sat down on the edge of Kotas bed and closed my eyes. I was miffed. I wanted to be useful. I hated to feel as useless and my mother said I was.

A few minutes later I felt a hand under my chin and looked up into sparkling green eyes "It's just one day, Pookie"

Kota came bounding up the stairs with an armful of blankets, two pillows and a couple of bottles of water and dropped them on the bed next to me. "How are you doing Sang?"

I smiled up at him and told the truth. "I am doing well. I think that pain pill is a miracle drug and chicken sandwiches are delicious."

Both boys let out little, surprised snorts of laughter. Kota looks at Dr — nope, I shook my head — Sean with half a smile and Sean grins back at both of us. "Yeah, she should be feeling a bit better by now."