Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Chloe's Point Of View

I ran as fast as I could away from that hell-hole of a house. I ran through the trees and bushes, tripping a few times.

Stupid dark.

The moonlight shinned down, letting me see the vastness of everything.

I need to find help.

Need to.

I fucking can't fail.

Where the hell is the road?

But I just kept running and hoping that I could find the road. I need to.

Just then I saw a light. I ran towards it, a smile forming on my lips.

A person! I can save the boys!

"I can hear you Chloe!" A voice shouted. I immediently stopped running and stared at the light, wide eyed.

Oh no oh no oh no.

How could James be here?!

I ran in the opposite direction, trying to avoid all of the fallen branches and leaves I'm able to see.

I have to run.

Fast.

The boys are counting on me!

Then there was a bang.

Oh shit, what was that?!

I continued running, looking behind my shoulder. I could see a figure running after me, being slightly shown in the light from the flashlight.

Then I fell.

I rolled down a hill, falling into rocks and branches on the way down. My shirt and shorts started to rip, and my hair came out from my ponytail.

It felt like I was falling for forever.

But it was probably only a minute.

I let out a gasp and started coughing when I reached the bottom of the hill. Blood glided down my face and landed in the soil. I looked up at the hill I fell down - or tripped down I should say - and saw that I fell a good 20-30 feet.

I coughed a few more times, and wiped the sweat and blood from my face. Then I shot up and started running through the forest again.

Hopefully he won't follow me, or at least I would hope that he would lose me, since I tripped fell down that hill. As I was running, my leg started to hurt and I felt blood dripping down it.

Oh crap.

I ran for a little while longer, looking for a tree I would be able to climb. I'll be able to tend to my leg and head while I sit up in a tree. And hopefully James won't see me up in one either. And luckily, I was able to find a tall tree to climb up on. I grabbed the branches and pulled up and started to climb.

One.

Two.

Three.

Four.

Branch after branch after branch.

I climbed up about half of the tree and sat with my back against the trunk. I saw James' flashlight from a distance, coming towards the direction of the tree I was in. I held my breath and stayed silent as he crept by.

"Where are you, Chloe? Come out, come out where ever you are!" James sing-songed.

This was the moment that I realized that I've been crying the entire time.

I'm scared.

And I'm hurt.

I'm afraid that I'll get shot, get killed, get tortured.

I'm scared that I'll be the reason that the boys won't be free.

I can get them help, but I'm afraid that I'll fail them.

I'm so damn scared.

I wipe the tears away and examine my cuts on my legs. There was a long gash along my thigh that was bleeding a lot. I sighed and realized that there wasn't anything that I could do to stop the bleeding. I felt against my head where the bleeding was happening, and I realized that there is probably a gash there as well.

Then I heard a gunshot.

A bullet passed by me, inches away from hitting my dangling legs.

Oh shit.

I screamed.

"I found you, you bitch!" James sneered. I kept screaming and crying. James' bullets kept hitting the branches, and they were getting closer to hitting me each time.

I need to think fast.

All the branches from the trees were close together and I think I would be able to hop from branch to branch. But then again, I'd probably miss and fall down the tree.

I was at least 15 feet up in the tree. That's a long fall.

Screw it!

I jumped from my branch, to another. I missed it and fell down a few feet. I was able to catch myself on another branch and I held onto it tightly. I took a few deep breathes and hopped to another branch.

I'm surprised that this is actually working.

After jumping and falling down a few branches, James fired his gun and the bullet hit me in my calf. u screamed out in pain, and that made me lose my hold of the branch and fall the remaining feet of the tree.

I hit the ground with a thud and shot up, and started to run again. I kept screaming and sobbing in pain from the gunshot. I knew that I was bleeding a lot, and I could feel myself getting light headed.

Work through it, Chloe.

For the lads.

For them.

I kept running and limping. The forest seemed a never ending nightmare.

Then I saw it.

A road.

Through the trees, I could see a light passing by and I knew it was from a road. A grin creeped it's way into my face and I ran faster with my shot leg.

Almost there.

Almost there.

I was so close, then James tackled me and I hit the ground. He sat on top of me and I wasn't able to get out from underneath him. I kept screaming and screaming, hoping that anybody would hear me.

Then something hit the back of my head, and my vision turned to black.

I was so close.

My fingertips were touching the hard, road.

~~~~~

Sooooooooo.... here's the crappy chapter. I had it all in my head, then it turned out like this. It was a lot better in my head though :/

Oh well.

I hope you guys liked it anyways though!

And I'm so sorry it's taken me forever to update, I've been quite busy. Haha :)

Please vote and comment! :D

Love you guys! Xx

~Fell