Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Niall's Point Of View

We heard multiple gun shots and faint screams. They were absolutely terrifying. It made my blood boil to think - to know - that Chloe could have been shot or killed. The lads and I kept pulling at our chains and cuffed hands, but the metal just sliced our skin and we made no progress.

Even though we've only known Chloe for a short amount of time, I feel a strong need to protect her. The same with the others I think.

We're not doing a very good job at protecting her. And it scares me to know that.

We heard another gun shot, and I pulled at my chains only to be cut by it again.

"Ah!" I winced.

Gun shot.

Pulling.

Scream.

Pulling.

The rattling of our chains echoed on the room. Droplets of blood scattered the floor.

Then there was a complete silence.

I stopped pulling, and listened. The lads saw me stop, and they did as well. We all listened to see if we could hear something.

"It's so quiet." Harry whispered.

"Something's wrong. If nothing is making noise, something must be terribly wrong." I mumbled.

"Well no shit, Niall! He went out with a gun and was shooting at her. We all heard it. And her screaming. And we couldn't do anything about it! We just let it happen!" Louis yelled at me. I filched back slightly at his loud words, and tried to make myself seem smaller.

Louis seemed to notice and looked at me, with guilt in his eyes. "N-Niall, I'm so sorry. I didn't-"

"It's okay, Lou." I said, mustering up a smile.

We're all under extreme stress right now. With Chloe being out there and possibly have gotten shot, us locked up in here and not having anything to eat or drink in days, just this whole situation. Search parties should have found is by now.

Then there was a loud bang, and the sound of somebody being dragged in.

"What is that?" Liam whispered.

There was another loud bang and then something was thrown down the staircase. The lads and I gasped.

It was Chloe.

She groaned slightly, and moved into the fettle position. She was all bloody and it looked like she in fact had gotten shot, in her upper leg. Her large gash on her head opened up again, and her shirt and shorts had gotten torn and she had many cuts and her bare legs and arms. Blood glided down her leg from the gun shot and her hair was soaked with blood. Chloe was laying in a pool of blood.

Tears brimmed my eyes, and my body started to shake.

I couldn't protect her. We couldn't protect her. She got shot.

James came down the stairs and smirked at us.

"You son of a bitch! You monster!" Zayn screamed. James pulled out his fun and aimed it at Zayn.

"Shut it, pretty boy."

"Fuck you." Zayn snarled. James just laughed and put his gun back away.

"As you might know boys, I am a surgical doctor. And I am going to take out her gun shot. But there is a catch." James said, walking back up the stairs.

"A catch? What the hell is he talking about?" Louis said.

My eyes stayed glued to Chloe.

"Look at what he did to her!" I cried, the tears gliding down my cheeks.