Bonus chapter (Chapter 3.5): Same but different

(Author note: This is obviously NOT something that happened in Avatar: The Last Airbender, but I wanted to write this chapter so that you can see Sora's bond with Team Avatar grow... so here it is.... Same but different)

It was not long after Sora and friends left the Southern Air Temple. Mom was already adjusting great to the new people in his life, even Sokka. Sora looked up and the stars and wondered if Kairi was looking at the sky too. Was Riku looking at the sky right now? Was King Mickey? Sora felt happy for Aang for being able to return home, but felt sad that he realized he was tbe last of his kind.

"Hey Sora, you wanna talk?" Asked Katara as she sat next to him.
"Sure" Sora said.
"Are you ok Sora?" Asked Katara. Sora nodded.
"Why wouldn't I be?" Asked Sora. Katara sighed a bit.
"I was thinking about what Jiminy said... that that Heartless we beat back at the Air Temple looked like the one that destroyed your homeworld" Katara explained. Sora nodded.
"Oh that" Sora said. Then the voice of Aang came in.
"We all know a sort of pain Sora... we understand" Aang said. Sora smiled.
"My homeworld came back... but I haven't been able to go back to see how everyone is doing... how it did is sort of a long story... but basically by defeating an evil man named Ansem the Seeker of Darkness, all the worlds he destroyed had regained their hearts... mine was one of those worlds... but I still failed to save everyone... and when that Heartless came... I was reminded of that..." Sora explained. Sokka put a hand on in his shoulder.
"Katara and I lost our mom to the Fire Nation... and while she will never come back like your world did, I can say I understand how it was like to lose people special to you" Sokka said softly and seriously.
"And we saw loss when we lost you Sora... when you became a Heartless... pretty much DIED to save Kairi... Donald, Goofy, Chip, Dale and I as well as Riku.... we all had this powerful pain and sorrow... we thought we lost you forever... but when Kairi found you... we had hope again... and you came back" Jiminy said.
"We failed to protect you Sora... but we will never fail again" Goofy said seriously.

"We found each other... and I think that happened for a reason..." Katara said.
"I think you're right Katara" Aang said. Momo jumped into Sora's lap and fell asleep there.
"I think Momo agrees too" Donald said. And even Appa let out a grunt. They were the same... but different. They were a family across many world's. Kairi, Riku, King Mickey, Queen Minnie, Tarzan, Simba, Peter Pan, the list goes on.... but they were a part of Sora's heart... and they were a part of his his.... and that's what made them a family.