Three

It was 1:20 am and I was staring at the darkness in my room. I wonder how my friends would feel when they see me again next year- our junior year.

It had been only weeks since school ended and I was already thinner. It was a different feel when I went to bed, I felt happier yet a bit miserable.

I couldn't fall asleep lately. All I had were nightmares about- everything.

I turned on the light and open my closet door. Half the cloth in there didn't fit me. I stared at the cloth for a while. I didn't know what I was searching for until my eyes landed on a purple dress I first wore on my first year of high school, back then when I wasn't so obese.... Those previous years in middle school were the days when I was consider mrs. Popular or the hottest girl in school. I was happy.

I took the dress from the closet and just stared at it closer.

" Hana we are going to have so much fun!" Said Juniel. I smiled.

It was the end of the year party, we were moving to high school with cuter more mature boys.

I had borrowed a dress from Minah. We were the same Petite size.

" oh my god Hana I can't wait! I'm so exited!" We danced all night. Cute boys talked to us and I even got a few numbers. It was a lot of fun.

I kept the dress. I liked it a lot.

Minah and juniel went to a summer camp as volunteers and I didn't see them for a whole summer even though I still sent them letters.

We started school with a different me. Literally. I had gained about 100 pounds!

I don't know what went wrong that first year of high school. I realize people change. That you change. Your world changes. Everything changes.

" so listen this is very hard for us..." Said Juniel trying not to face me. Minah ignored me, she was looking at herself in the bathroom mirror. she was putting eyeliner on, making her brown eyes look somehow darker.

" I'm sorry Hana . I think we should stop talking." She went on. I didn't understand. I felt humiliated.

" huh? What do you mean?" I asked. Minah glanced at me and rolled her eyes coldly.

" listen Hana we have a reputation-" she stopped. " we don't want it to go down because we are being seen with you.." I felt like crying.

"Why are you being like this?" I said trying to hold my tears. "We are really good friends." It hurt knowing the girls that were there for you since 1st grade were ditching you.

" listen you've change. People that hang with us say your weird!" She said. " it's embarrassing to go to places with you...and people make fun of us..even boys say we should stop talking to you." I was holding my tears but I had a feeling there were minutes left before they ran down my cheeks.

" why are you guys doing this?!" I said a little louder. " you guys know everything about me and I about you!" It was too late now, a tear fell down. " you can't just ignore me! We are best friends!" I sobbed. "You guys are nothing without me! What about B-bomb's party he invited US! I thought you were gonna help me become his-"

"Shut up!!" She finally said something. Her eyeliner was finally perfect. " listen! We don't like you anymore! Forget about us! Go make new friends!" I've heard those words before...coming out of my mouth, sometimes even out of her but she wouldn't be talking to me. She would be talking to some weird girl that was consider our 'friend'.

" stop crying! It's embarrassing!" She yelled. " listen don't talk to us anymore, the truth is now we've change, we became hot while you're not... People change Hana . I think you should make new friends." She turned around to leave. " by the way the truth is Bbomb and I are sort of talking as more than friends so I hope you back off." Then she headed out the door.

Juniel stared at me and she looked sorry for what they said. She watched me cry for seconds until Minah called her and she had to go. She glanced at me with sorry eyes and then disappear behind the bathroom door. I cried like crazy. I entered one of the bathroom stalls, sat on the floor and wiped my tears with toilet paper.

I never talked to them again but they sure talked about me with their friends. I would hear them make fun of me when I was passing by.

I would sit alone on the back of the bus. They would sing songs making fun of my weight. I was miserable. I had a couple of 'friends' of course. They wouldn't sit with me tho because they just like everyone else needed time to talk about me. Bad stuff of course.

I put the stupid dress down. I was crying. I wiped my tears away. I was a different person now. After I was humiliated I completely changed. I wasn't selfish or plastic and mean anymore. I understood people. I turned nice! And most importantly I stopped liking Bbomb and now I like ukwon but minah took him. Sadly.

I threw the dress on the floor with a pile of cloth that I was going to throw away.

I searched the closet for more painful memories to get rid off.

Yearbook . Out.

8th grade prom dress. Out.

Best friend bracelet. Definitely out.

I looked deeper into my closet and found Zico's jacket. The first day I met him. It was at school. I was drinking water. Sadly the water fountain was next to the boys bathroom. When I took my first step I got hit by the door. There he was Zico. One of the hottest kids in the whole school. I felt on the floor, he apologized and helped me up and walked away. Back then I was just a sophomore and he a junior.

the first day i talked to him was when he first moved in. I remember I got home and he took over our last renter's room. I saw how it was no longer empty. I was wondering who moved in. I entered the kitchen and he was sitting on the kitchen table. My mom serving him a plate of her special lasaña.

There he stood again before my eyes. It was the ending of his junior year. Almost summer. He was Soon to be a senior.

I put his jacket on my lap. He gave it to me last week when I went to the movies with him and JJ.

I heard the doorbell ring. Knocking me out of my memories and into reality. I stood up. The doorbell rang about 5 times. I looked at my iPhone, which was sitting still on my night table, charging. 2:11 am.

WHAT KIND OF JERK RINGS A DOORBELL AT 2:11 IN THE MORNING!!!

I waited for the doorbell to stop ringing, it never stopped.

I got up. I was walking to the living room when I bump into something hard and wide.

" oh! Hana are you okay!?" Asked Zico, he turn on his phone for illumination. I fell down the floor. He helped me get up. We turned on the light and my parents woke up. My mother opened the door and we found a crying mrs. Kim standing in our door with a suitcase. Behind him stood the only guy that made my heart beat a thousand miles per hour. Ukwon.