Chapter 22

"Where are they?" Rose exclaimed as soon as the cold air hit us. We had somehow lost our two dates through the thick, bustling crowd of waiters in the restaurant. My teeth chattered with the wind as I looked up and down the slightly crowded sidewalk. I gathered up the bottom half of the dress in my hands and ran to the parking lot.

It was dark with only a few light posts to guide the way. Echoes of our high heels hitting the pavement filled the quiet area, until a familiar angry voice boomed from not so far away. Rose grabbed my hand and ran towards the scuffle, almost tripping on our heels the whole way.

"How could you do that to her? How could you say that you love her?! You took pictures of her naked for shit's sake!" Niall yelled as he delivered a sharp punch to Trevor's face. I heard a loud crack as soon as his fist made contact, signaling that Niall had broken his nose. "If you think that I'm going to let you go easy, you're wrong. I'm going to make sure that no one recognizes you."

Rose stifled a scream as Niall kneed Trevor's haunched body in the stomach. She had no idea that the kind, blonde boy that she had grown to know gave it his all when it came down to a fight. The cry that slipped through my ex-boyfriend's lip was caught off by Niall's fist swinging up to form a sharp upper cut to the jaw. Blood started to drool out of Trevor's mouth as he was attacked again by a heavy punch to his left cheek. I watched as he stumbled back a few feet, wiping off the red smearing on his face. His crooked nose and broken lip were the only markings that showed. However, I knew by the morning, bruises would form and his face would swell into a bigger size.

It was only a second, but the curious glance that Niall gave me was enough time for Trevor to catch his breath. Before I could say anything, Trevor punched Niall hard on the cheek before kicking him in the manhood. I watched in horror as Trevor approached my boyfriend's hunched figure, a pained expression clear on his face.

"Not so tough now, are you lover boy?" Trevor's loud cackle echoed in my ears as he rubbed Niall's shoulder with fake concern. I watched as Trevor drove his elbow onto the surface of Niall's back, causing his knees to give way. The gasp of agony that escaped his lips drove a dagger straight through my heart. It hurt so much to see him, vulnerable and wounded, as he toppled to the cold pavement. "That will teach you to one, never tell me what to do, and two, never stand in the way of something I want."

Trevor directed his crazed gaze towards me. "Elizabeth, I want you... I did back then and I still do. You are my on-"

"Shut up! I don't want to hear your sappy words, because I know they're not true. You lied to me, my parents, even my best friend! What makes you think that I would believe you love me?" I growled as I took a step towards the surprised boy in front of me. "Tell me Trevor, did you trick Rose into going on this date with you, because you knew about our friendship with each other? Tell me, right now, that you dragged this innocent girl into this mess you created, all because you needed a desperate attempt to see me again."

'Wha- How do you know about the pictures and your parents?" He turned a shade whiter, the guilty look in his eyes swirling with the angry shade. 'You weren't supposed to know.."

"Kyle told Niall, who told me. Now stop changing the subject and answer my question... Did you use Rose to meet up with me?" My stomach twisted into a knot as Trevor nodded his head shamefully, as my eyes blurred with anger. "You bastard, how could you?! She had nothing to do with this and yet you go and hurt her!"

Rose grabbed my arm, but she wasn't strong enough to stop me. Disgust and fury strengthened me as I stomped my way in front of Trevor before swinging my hand forward. The slapping sound it made as it contacted to Trevor's cheek was like a clap of thunder. My hand stung with the harsh impact, but I couldn't care less.