Chapter 61

Thank you for 6k views!!!
********************************

I woke up at three a.m. wrapped up in Harry's arms. I glanced up at him before kissing his lips softly. He didn't even stir.

I sighed quietly before carefully taking his arms off of me and setting them on the bed. His eyebrows furrowed and he shifted slightly, making my breath get caught in my throat.

He stayed asleep, fortunately. I bit my lip as I climbed out of bed, trying not to make the mattress creak.

I stood up, pulling Harry's long shirt down from being bunched up at my waist, letting it fall down to my thighs.

I slowly walked over to the small window in his room, glancing up at the sky. I couldn't help but notice that the street was crawling with crows.

I bit down on my bottom lip, my eyebrows furrowing as I looked out at the birds swarming around the house. Only our house.

"Mm..." I heard Harry mumble from behind me.

My eyes widen as I let go of the curtain, turning to face him. He had a frown spread across his face as he reached an arm out to my side of the bed, feeling around for me.

"Princess?" He asked, still half asleep with his eyes closed.

Before I could start walking back to him, he sat up straight with his eyes wide open.

"Rosie!" He breathed out and I could see sweat trickling down his chest from the moonlight shining through the now open window curtain.

"I'm right here, bear." I mumbled softly as I crawled back into bed. "I'm here, Harry."

I sat so my back was pressed against the bed headboard with my legs crossed. He moved over to me so he could lay his head on my left thigh.

I began playing with his curls, watching his eyes flutter close. A smile replaced his frown as he hummed softly.

I smiled down at him. This is all I wanted. I'd give anything to be with him. Why is life like this? Why is it so much harder to live than to die?

I kept playing with his soft chocolate curls as he snuggled up against my stomach. I sighed quietly, still gazing down at his cute face.

Why does love have to hurt so much?

I heard his breathing change and saw his mouth hang open slightly. I breathed out deeply, knowing he had fallen into a deep sleep.

I kept running my hand through his hair. I swallowed the lump in my throat before staring blankly in front of me. I bit the inside of my cheek lightly before speaking,

"You know, I always wondered why I felt as though I knew you when I moved here. I didn't know why I felt so safe around you. But now I do. I've loved you my whole life. I think that's why I'm still here.

Before Tom left me when I was little, he told me I'd have a reason to live as long as someone loved me. I knew my father didn't love me...now I know that my mom loves me but at the time I didn't feel like she did.

I never really thought about why I felt loved when nobody cared for me. But now I realize that you never left my heart. I always knew you loved me. And that was enough to keep me going. So thank you, Harry. For saving my life. Now let me save yours."

*****************

"Here you go." Liam grunted as he let the guns in his arms fall to the kitchen table.

My eyes widened before glancing up at him. "We're going to shoot demons?"

"Iron kills them, I got iron bullets." He replied with a small shrug.