Chapter 14

Thank you for 600 views!!
********************************

"I swear, Rose, if you fall..." Zayn warned as I walked along the railroad tracks behind the cemetery.

"Oh calm down, I won't fall." I laughed quietly, looking down at my feet.

Zayn watched nervously as I balanced myself with my arms spread out by my sides.

Niall and Louis sat on the tracks with ice cream, laughing at Zayn for being so anxious. Liam stood on the grass, not wanting to get on the tracks with an ice cream in his hand.

Zayn walked on the grass along side me.

"I'll catch you if you fall, ok?" He murmured more to himself than to me.

I don't know why, but his words spread sadness throughout my body. Maybe because he wasn't the one I wanted to catch me...

I only nodded as I picked up the pace. I could hear Niall and Louis laughing at Liam because he wouldn't get on the tracks. He just silently walked behind Zayn as he flipped them off, making them laugh even harder.

My legs shook a bit as I walked faster.

"Rose, slow down, I can't keep up." Zayn gasped as I was going too fast, I couldn't slow down.

I let out a small shriek as I stumbled forward, falling over onto the metal tracks.

"Rose!" Zayn and Liam both yelled, running up to me.

"Thanks for catching me." I said sarcastically as Zayn helped me up.

I looked down at my knees which were bleeding, along with my right elbow. There was also a decent sized bruise on my right shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, Rose."

"Don't worry, Zayn. I should've listened to you and slowed down." I smiled reassuringly as Niall and Louis approached us.

"Ouch." Louis hissed before licking his ice cream.

Niall scrunched up his face as he finished his cone.

"Can somebody take me home? I want to clean up before my mom gets home." I grunted in pain as Zayn wrapped his arm around my waist for support.

"I can carry you if it'll be less painful." He offered, earning a nod from me.

He picked me up bridal style and walked past the tracks and through the cemetery.

The boys walked with us and when Zayn carried me onto my front porch, they went into their own houses.

Zayn kicked open my front door and carried me into the kitchen, setting me on the counter.

He grabbed a rag and ran it under cool water before pressing it to one of my knees.

I hissed in pain as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Sh*t, I'm sorry, Rose. I should've caught you."

I kept my eyes closed as I slowly shook my head. "It was my fault."

I opened my eyes to find Zayn looking down at my knees. I looked up to see Harry and Luci on the stairs.

My eyes widened in fear, thinking Zayn might see Harry.