Chapter 48

I knocked loudly on Edna's door, hoping that Luci wasn't there. Harry wrapped his arms around me from behind, trying to warm me up from the October wind swirling around us.

We heard her footsteps coming to the door as we waited impatiently. Harry bent down and moved to the side to press a quick kiss to my temple before the door swung open.

"Oh...hello, I didn't see you coming." Edna spoke quietly, making a frown spread across my face. "Would you like to come in?"

"No, thank you. We just wanted to ask you some questions, if possible." I spoke rather bitterly, making her eyebrows furrow and Harry's grip tighten on me.

"Sure, dear. Ask away." She said sweetly as she pushed her glasses up on the bridge of her nose.

"Did you know that Luci was Lucifer?" I asked straight forward, watching as her eyes widened.

"I...yes. Yes, I did." She admitted after a few stutters, making me see red.

"Why in the world would you not tell me?! Why would you be friends with him? I thought you were my friend! I...I trusted you. I trusted you!" I screamed at her, lunging towards her with my arms out in front of me.

Harry's large hands tighten around my waist, pulling me back into his chest.

"Let me go!" I whined as I began elbowing his sides.

"Rose, I'm sorry. I couldn't tell you because he'd send me back to hell. Like I've said, witches are evil creatures who do live in hell. I made a deal to help him so I'd be able to live on earth." She explained through the struggle of trying not to get hit with my hands that were desperately trying to connect with her face.

"You're so selfish! I hate you! You don't care about me, or anyone. You only care about yourself!" I screamed at her as tears began rolling down my face.

Harry reached forward, grabbing my fists roughly and pulling them down to my sides. I struggled in his grip, only making his hold on me tighten.

"She's not worth it. Calm down, ok? Just breath, Rosie." He whispered deeply in my ear, making me gasp for breath as I stopped moving.

"I couldn't help you, Rose. I'm sorry. I don't expect forgiveness, I just don't want you to think of me as...evil."

"Of course I'll think of you as evil. You're friends with the devil himself." I calmly spat out at her, watching as her eyes slowly dropped to the floor.

I grabbed Harry's hand in mine, stomping away from her home. I heard the front door of her little house shut, making me sigh.

"Sorry I acted like that." I mumbled quietly.

"It's ok. We trusted her and she betrayed us. I'm mad too, Princess. I'm just not loosing my temper...I'm working on it." He said with a small laugh, causing a smile to replace my frown.

"Maybe we can find something at the library?" I suggested, making Harry nod in agreement.

We walked a short ways down the rode to reach the large library. Harry pulled up his hood as we entered the silent building, peering around slightly.

We began walking towards the back with our fingers intertwined together. There was a group of guys in the corner, glancing our way and whispering to each other.