Chapter 2

Check out the trailer above^^
********************************

"Rose. Rose, wake up honey."

My eyes flutter open to my moms voice and a cold rag being placed on my forehead.

"She's finally awake." I hear a low Irish accent and tilt my head to the right to see four very attractive men standing by my bed.

"Honey, this is Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn. They're our neighbors across the street. They came to the house to say hello and found you on the ground." My mom explained as she helped me sit up.

"There was a boy..." I mutter, my voice cracking slightly. I watch the four boys glance at each other.

"One of them?" My mom motions towards them.

"No. I didn't see him, I only heard his voice. It was very deep..."

"You might've hit your head." Liam, who had brown hair and deep brown eyes suggested and Louis, who also had brown hair but pale blue eyes slowly nodded in agreement.

"It was before I passed out. I know what I heard."

"This house is old, could've just been a creaky floorboard." Zayn replied darkly. He was quite attractive, much like the other boys. He had jet black hair and dark brown eyes.

"Could a floorboard say 'hello, Rosie'?" I ask angrily. Why don't they believe me?

"Maybe you're right, maybe Zayn's right. What matters is that you're ok." Niall finally butt in. He was the only one with an Irish accent and had blonde hair along with ocean blue eyes.

"Niall's right." My mom said as she took the wet rag from my forehead. "Rose needs to rest, you boys should get home before your parents start to worry."

And with that, they all disappeared through the doorway.

What happened to me? Who was that boy?

A billion questions swarm through my mind, making my head throb.

"Rose, I'm gonna run to the store. Be back in a few!" I hear my mom yell from downstairs, followed by the slam of a door.

I roll out of bed and make my way out into the hall, my feet sticking to the cold floor.

I run my hand along the hand carved doorframe of the library before wandering inside.

I think this is my favorite place in the whole world. It's so quiet yet eery.

I hum to myself as I carefully read the binding of books. I walk all the way to the back of the library where the largest book case is.

I skimmed through a couple books before my eyes fell upon a dark red book covered with a thick layer of dust.

I set my hand on the book and attempted to pull it off of its shelf. But it didn't budge.

I tried again, but to no avail. I tilted my head to read the binding.

Journal.

Why would someone's journal be in a library full of poetry?

I attempted to pull the book down once more and fell backwards as the whole book case swung open. It swung open!

I slowly stood back up and took a few steps back to look at the book case.

It had a dozen rusty hinges holding it to the stone wall. I was terrified to look behind it. But curiosity got the better of me.

I mustered up enough courage to open the book case some more and had to cover my mouth by the sickening amount of cobwebs connecting the back of the bookcase to the wall behind it.