Chapter 53

I passed out a little while after getting home yesterday, waking up with a pounding headache.

I ran a hand through my hair with a painful grunt as I climbed off of the couch. Niall walked into the room with a plate of at least ten pancakes towering on it, making my eyebrows raise.

"She's alive!" He chuckled as he slumped down on the couch where I had been laying and began digging into his breakfast.

"Easy there, don't choke." I laughed at him before grunting again from the pain in my head.

He slowly began to chew with wide eyes as he held his plate out in front of him. "Want some?"

I smiled at him, shaking my head no. "I'm gonna go get changed."

"You do that. Then we can go out for some fresh air." I heard Liam yell from the kitchen.

I frowned as I peered inside the room, watching as Liam and Louis made more pancakes. I just slowly backed away, not even bothering.

I made my way upstairs, pausing on the steps when my head throbbed too bad. I finally made it up to my room and closed the door behind me.

I quickly got out of my mom's god awful dress and pulled on a flannel, ripped jeans, and black combat boots.

I brushed my teeth at least three times to get rid of the lingering taste of alcohol and brushed the knots out of my hair.

I made my way back downstairs, being met with Niall who was holding an empty plate. My eyes widened as I walked over to him.

"You ate all of those pancakes?!"

"Of course. Didn't think I'd let them go to waste, did you?" He asked with a quick wink as he ran off into the kitchen.

"You little leprechaun." I mumbled as I ran after him.

I watched as Liam ripped the plate out of his hands, setting it in the dishwasher.

"You can't eat anymore pancakes, Niall. You're going to get sick."

Niall pouted at Liam with big eyes. "But daddy Payne!"

"I told you not to call me that!" He said, rolling his eyes as he shut the dishwasher.

"Come on, you two. We're going to take Rose out. If you twats haven't noticed, she's right there." Louis spoke up as he walked over by me.

"Hi Rose!" Niall exclaimed with a big grin as he practically skipped over to Louis and I.

"Niall, who gave to sugar?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him.

He laughed quietly as he rocked back and forth on his heels. "I put extra sugar in the pancakes."

"Niall!" Louis and Liam both groaned, making me laugh.

"Come on! Let's go!" Niall said excitedly as he took me by the hand, dragging me out the front door.

We walked through the graveyard, jumped over the railroad tracks, and sped past the warehouse, coming to an open field of dead crops.

"Pretty." Niall smiled as a butterfly landed on his finger.

"Isn't it too cold for butterflies?" I asked with raised eyebrows as one landed on his nose, making him giggle.

"Those aren't butterflies. They're black moths. They live in cold, dark places." Liam explained as he caught up to us.

I looked back at Niall, watching as more moths landed on him. His cheeks grew pink as his laughter increased.