Chapter 28: Let's Get You Home

Warning, filler chapter. I hate writing fillers, but it needed to happen.

*

It's been a week and half since Noah's third and last surgery. He had to have surgery on the muscle in his shoulder. I had to go home a few days ago to Saint Paul to check in with Maria. She completely understands why I was still in Boston, but some regulation to the program is that we have to go back for at least a day so the program knows you are still there. Cole had to go back with me after a week of being here, since he does have to play hockey there, I mean, that is his job. We haven't talked about when I kissed him. He hasn't tried to talk about it, and I appreciate it.

I get to take Noah home today. I had to go back to his apartment building and get his car so I could drive him home. He's out for the rest of the hockey season, as expected, and can play as soon as next season starts. He's really sad about it, but understands. His shoulder is still healing, and he still has stitches in his stomach that need to be removed in a few days. His parents had to go home for work, because they had taken so much time off.

I help Noah walk slowly from the elevator in his building into his apartment. I unlock the door into his apartment and help him to the couch. He plops down and I immediately head to the bathroom to take a super quick shower after I make sure Noah is okay with everything. He isn't suppose to walk much. He turns on the TV and turns it to NBCSN.

I turn on the shower water the hottest I can get it. It's still never hot enough to burn you. I take off my clothes and throw them in the pile of clothes that smell like the hospital. I brush through my messy hair and step into the shower. Finally having a shower when I know I don't have to go back to a hospital feels like relief.

Getting fresh clothes when I went back to Minnesota was a blessing. I got to bring home the old clothes and Aiden had offered to throw them in with his stuff the next time he did laundry. I thanked him greatly for it, and he told me it was the absolute least he could do for me right now.

"Princess", Noah says to me as I walk back into the living room. "I haven't had a good cuddle in a while. Come sit with me and watch some hockey".

I roll my eyes playfully and sit down next to him. I curl my feet up beside me, and Noah's good arm goes around my shoulders. I snuggle into his side and watch the rerun game of the Canadiens playing the Avalanche. Avalanche won 1-0.

The new game on tonight is San Jose versus the Bruins. Oh no. "Noah, are you good watching this?" I ask sincerely.

Noah thinks for a second. "Yeah I am. If the accident was on the ice, then maybe I would have a problem".

"Okay, good".

"But, when are you going to tell me what happened between you and Cole? It's only been a two weeks, just tell me".

"What are you talking about?" I try to act innocent.

"Come on, Mere, you know what I'm talking about. Once I got out of my second surgery, you two were acting super weird with each other. That only happens when something didn't go planned with you two".

"Okay fine. I kissed him, and I... liked.... it". Noah has a surprised look on his face. I explain to him what happened. I told him about the walk, and the baby with the name Noah, I told him about when I ran away. I told him everything.

"Well, it sounds like you had an eventful day. I'm glad", Noah smirks at me.

We watch the next game between the Bruins and the Sharks. During the first intermission, the reporter starts to talk about why Noah hasn't been in the games, and people were starting to get worried. Noah shifts in his spot uncomfortably, and I watch the TV very carefully, feeling the same pain I know Noah feels mentally.

The second period starts, and I can tell Noah is still really uncomfortable. "Hey, let's play a game", he bursts out. I look up at him in wonder.

"What do you want to play?" Noah has a few games, but most are meant to be played in large groups, like Apples to Apples, and Clue. I know clue can be played with just two people, but it's more fun with more people.

"Lets play Monopoly", he chuckles. The last time we played it, I swore to never play it again and flipped the board, in which it took almost an hour to make sure we had all the pieces back.

The rest of the night we start our game of monopoly. I order dinner for us at ten o'clock and we eat our Chinese food while continuing our game.

"No, you didn't call it before you rolled, those are the rules".

"Noah, that's not your property".

"Those are totally too the rules".

"Do I look stupid? I know the rule".

"You're a cheater".

The game ended at four in the morning when Noah and I fell asleep leaning against the couch.

I guess rainbows come after rain.