page 29 • airheadkawa

"I KNOW I SAID IT'S SAD THAT HE HAS TO EAT INSTANT NOODLES EVERYDAY BUT ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" You yell at Mei the next morning.

Oikawa is sitting on the couch, reading a magazine.

Your magazine.

"[Name]-chan, you really do worry about me don't you?"

"Get out of my house." You snap, snatching the magazine away from him. He pouts, and shrugs in response.

"That's no way to treat a guest, [Name]-chan. Why can't you be cute like Mei-chan?" He wants to know.

"Because I hate you."

"Don't say you hate someone you kissed... Twice, at that." He whispers with a wink, loud enough for Mei to overhear it.

"You both did WHAT?!" Mei slams the pan she has on the counter and stomps her way in front of you two.

Mei had given you a long lecture about how she was going to knock Oikawa's head off from his neck, and you had to do a big job of calming your sister down yesterday.

And now, the airhead had to bring this up.

Goddamit, Oikawa.

"AAAAH, [NAME]-CHAN, TAKE COVER!" Oikawa yells, raising his arms like a little kid to surrender himself.

Mei shoots you a glare, and right then, the door flies wide open, and in comes a beaming Eiko.

"You guys, I'm about to go buy frames with Tsuk- WHAT IS THAT BITCH DOING HERE?!" She screams as soon as her eyes land on Oikawa.

"Please take the living daylights out of Tooru while I make breakfast for y'all." Mei coos before she goes back to her breakfast bonanza.

"With pleasure." Your best friend replies and she raises one of her feet onto the couch.

"What do you have to say for yourself, punk? HUH?"

"I came here for breakfast, not to get taunted!" Oikawa whines, covering his face.

"Eiko, just shut up. What were you saying earlier about Tsukishima?" You ask, immediately distracting Eiko from her Let's-Kill-Oikawa-2k16 petition. The embarrassing matter is no longer brought up, and Oikawa does a good job of keeping his mouth shut and eating his waffles like a good boy.

Honestly, Oikawa is a nice person; until he starts talking.

That's when you want to break every bone in his body with a big smile on your face.

And even though the conversation around the table mainly consisted of Tsukishima, Sugawara, homework, and the next class field trip, you would occasionally notice Mei shooting you both suspicious looks. And Oikawa would gulp and take a big sip from his juice every time he notices it too.

Mei really deserved savage.

But Eiko? Well... Eiko needed a couple slaps herself.

Because, after Mei had gone to clean up the plates, she opens her big, fat mouth to speak about something unnecessary.

Very unnecessary.

"How many girlfriends did you have so far, Oikawa?" She wants to know, taking a toothpick. You tense up a little and look up from the magazine you had begun reading, wondering what number the boy would state. A little grin spreads on his face, and he shoots you a quick glance.

"I'm sorry, Eiko-chan, I don't remember the exact number, but I can say that I can't count them with one hand." He has to say, raising a hand up proudly.

"Alright Tooru, get out."

"But-" He begins to protest until Mei raises a hand and shoots him another one of her death glares- the kind of glares that even you get freaked out over.

"Tooru."

"Y-Yes, ma'am." He gives a small salute and stands up, grabbing his bag on the way. Mei points to the setter and motions for you to see him out, and you follow the boy out to the door.

"After all that happened just now, I doubt you'd say yes if I ask you to walk to school with me." He says while putting his shoes on.

"Wow, you actually used that brain of yours?"

"So rude!" He cries and lets out a little sigh.

"[Name]-chan, I don't think you understand, but... A casual comment from you makes me more flustered than you can imagine." He whispers.

"D-Don't make it sound so scary..."

"You make me too confused about what I'm feeling, it scares me." He has to say before he walks down the stairs.

Once again, you are left wondering if you really were in love with that boy, or if you just wanted to throw him into a wood chipping machine.

---

a/n: shoutout to Iwillwriterandomness who drew an Oikawa fanart for me on her drawings book! Check it out! ♥