page 02 • shittykawa

"Oikawa did what?!" Mei cries out later that day.

You throw your book bag on the counter and throw yourself on the couch. The apartment smells aromatic thanks to your twin sister's cooking, and your mouth begins to water.

"He said he'd take me out on a date." You repeat, this time pausing between each word. Mei shakes her head, her frilly brown hair moving around as she does so. You and Mei may be twins, but you look nothing alike. In fact, your last name was probably the only thing that you both had in common.

"I heard it the first time, you goof. What would he want with you anyway?" She rolls her eyes, and you throw a cushion at her.

"Meanie! I have no clue. And I don't really care. I'm not going on a date with him." You decide out loud, taking the piece of tissue stuck inside your nose. It had stopped bleeding, and you toss it to the waste basket before taking a seat at the table. Being the twin that lacks any culinary skill, you are in charge of cleaning up while Mei takes care of the cooking.

"Dang it, I really would have loved to see him kick your face, to be honest. Too bad I had to work on the newspaper."

"I hate you."

"Anyhow, leaving Oikawa aside; Dad said we're gonna have a new neighbour, downstairs." She says, putting a spoonful of macaroni and cheese on your plate.

"Really? I wonder if we'd get another nice old lady like Maya-san." You say, and dig into the food.

Eiko, Mei and you had attended Chidoriyama for middle school and applied for Karasuno for high school last year. As luck would have turned out, your grades in math were so terrible that you were the only one that didn't get accepted there. 

In the end, Mei had made you apply for Seijoh, and her constant tutoring had made you be able to pass the entrance exam.

And even though you did pass, you were stuck at Aoba Johsai without your precious friends; you were thankful for your friend Misaki, without whom you'd be a total loner.

"So Eiko is set on Tsukishima, and she would always drag me to volleyball practices, it's so annoying!" Your sister chatters. "But I made a nice friend who I can really relate to, thanks to her, so I can't say I have any regrets."

"Really? Then the three of us should go for some cake sometime."

Mei does not reply back, and goes to get soy sauce from the counter.

"Errr. Yeah."

Huh? Something is definitely off with Mei today...

•••

The minute you step foot into Seijoh next Monday, you are made to regret all your life decisions.

"Ah, [Name]-chan!"

Oikawa is standing surrounded by multiple females before he makes his way up to you. The girls behind let out disappointing whines, and your friend, Misaki takes three steps back. Oikawa bends down a little to reach up to your face level and pinches your nose.

"I see your nose is better now, [Name]-chan." When you scrunch your nose in reply, he places a finger up to your forehead.

"You're gonna get wrinkles if you do that, [Name]-chan!" He sings. You are seconds away from punching his so-called attractive face. Instead, you ignore him and walk off, Misaki trailing behind you.

"Hehhh?"

"Oi, what are you doing you crappy Oikawa?" You can hear Iwaizumi's voice rage and when you turn around, he is hitting the brunette's head, hard.

I am forever indebted to you, Iwaizumi-senpai. You think to yourself, smiling a little.

"But nobody ignores me when I talk to them Iwa-chan! Nobody!" Oikawa whines and the girls nearby begin to glare at you.

Great. Just what you needed at your new high school.

Not.

What a spoiled little flirty jerk! If you had a ball, you'd love to leave a permanent bruise on that face of his that he's so proud of.

Misaki is staring at you, confused, and you have to tell her what happened yesterday.

"Why don't you just go with him anyway?" Your blonde friend wants to know. "He'll stop bothering you after that right?"

"Excuse me? He hit my face, okay? Why can't he just get me a chocolate or something instead and leave me alone? He pisses me off, thinking he's all that and date-worthy when he's clearly a piece of shit. There's no way I'm going anywhere with him, except maybe if to a cliff so that I can push him off from there."

Misaki would not stop laughing at that, even after you reached class.

---

a/n: so, i'll be writing more frequent, but smaller chapters in this book ( I usually write 1k + words for my fics, this chap has only 700) :3

as for the cast, fangirl-chaaan is portraying the character of eiko, shreddingmisery as mei, and misachin as misaki. I seriously did not have the energy to think of original characters for the back characters as well so.. yeah. XD