page 26 • lousekawa

"What are you making, Mei?" You ask, when you smell the aroma of fresh bread, even from outside the apartment door.

"Duh. I'm making milk bread. Come help me." She urges.

And that is how you spend the next half an hour preparing a dough.

You actually manage to make it look just like Mei's one, and she gives you a thumbs up.

"So, yesterday, Hinata asked us what he should do to get more muscles." She begins one of her tales, while you take out a baking tray. "And Suga-san and I both blurted out the same thing, at the same exact time!"

"Just date, will you?"

"Shut up!" She hisses, turning around to hide the blush forming on her face.

Your sister really was too precious.

Fifteen minutes later, Mei teaches you how to wrap the bread up in a clean packaging, after which she gives you another thumbs up.

"Now go," She says, taking her apron off. "Go give it to Tooru."

"To WHO?!" You cry, almost dropping the bread in your hand.

"Tooru. Tooru Oikawa" She repeats, giving you a wink. It is as if she believed that you were dumb enough not to know whenever your biggest calamity was mentioned.

But no, you knew alright. The fact that Mei made you work to make something for Oikawa only made you pissed, at first.

This type of things drives you insane, and is probably the reason why you both never shared a room.

"Hurry, while it's still warm!" Mei urges. "You don't want your efforts to grind to dust, do you?"

You hesitate a little, watching the way your sister began to load the dishes. Mei might be a pain in the ass sometimes, but you still loved her.

Oikawa? Well...

Oikawa is a mess.

You whip your apron off and grab a pair of shoes before you head down the stairs.

I am standing here to give him milk bread again. And this time, its milk bread I had made on my own, unlike last time. I'm giving homemade milk bread to Oikawa Tooru.
Your mind continues its chants up till the third knock; to which the setter answers the door.

The two of you lock eyes for what seems like years before Oikawa cups his hands around his mouth.

"[NAME]-CHAN!" He yells really loudly. He is clearly very excited to see you, dressed in a gray sweater and matching blue shorts.

"I'm sorry." You say, and he lets out a sigh of relief.

"You saw the messages I sent, right?" He wants to know, to which you reply with a nod. A faint smile spreads across his face, and he shakes his head in light frustration.

"I thought you hated me." He whispers.

"I do hate you."

More than anyone; you want to add.

He then takes note of what is in your hands, and you could literally swear that his chocolate-brown eyes began to shine.

"Is that Mei-chan's milk bread?!" He cries out, clapping his hands together like a wheezing seal.

"It's... I made it." You mumble, holding the packaging out towards him. No way could you face that boy dead in the eyes, no way.

"[Name]-chan. You made this... for me?" His voice echoes at the word 'me', and you glare at the setter.

"I-It's not like I made this for you! You louse. It's.... It's leftovers!" You snap, shoving the bread in his hands.

"You're lying, I can totally tell!" He coos, and you pout before grumbling and turning around. "Are leftovers always this warm?"

Embarrassed, you have climbed up six steps when Oikawa asks you for a little favour.

Well, maybe not a favour...

"Do you... Do you want to come in?"

---

a/n: so I have in mind to write only 31 chapters, and it's 26/31 already oh nOOO why does my heart hurt ;w;