DELTA FLIGHT 3216

I looked down at the ticket Elara handed me.
________________________
DELTA               BOARDING PASS
FLIGHT:3216 SEAT
DATE:30OCT 26E
CLASS:A
ORIGIN:KANSAS CITY
DEPARTS:1100AM
DESTINATION:ATLANTA______

Right away tears started Rolling down my face. It all became so real. Elara was leaving and I had to just wait for her to land to even speak with her. I regretted agreeing to this right away. I couldn't stand this. I needed her next to me, holding my hand, kissing my cheek all that mushy shit that I loathed and craved. Fucking hell I hate people. Why did this have to happen to me? Why me? Why her? Why now? What the shit.

"Anastasia," Elara said wiping away my tears and taking the ticket away from me before I could rip it up. "I love you. You know that? I really do." She kissed me. Right on the lips. Right in front of hundreds of strangers. One of them could be a psychotic homophobe from some country where being gay is punishable by death. You never know. This IS an international air port for fucks sake. We could be killed right here right now for locking lips.

So I kissed her back in hopes of getting killed that way I don't have to see her leave. Sadly, it didn't happen. She pulled away from the kiss after a few seconds and rested her hand on her carry on suitcase as we watched her luggage go through checking.

This was the last time I would see Elara in person until prom this year when she flies back. I demanded she smile.

"You bitch. I won't be able to see your face in human form for months. You better give me a look to remember you by. No tears. They've all been cried out and I'm not willing to let the last image of you being full of tears. Come here." I hugged her and wrapped my arms around her. "I love you too." That got the smile I needed. "You FaceTime me the minute your plane lands and you keep me on the call until you get to your house in Georgia okay?"

She giggled. I'm over protective. What can I say? I care too much for this girl to ever let her get hurt. "Anastasia, what the hell will you do if I get jumped in Georgia and you're all the way here in Missouri?"

"I'd fuck a bitch up from afar. That's what I'd do. I'd kill them with sarcasm and hate over FaceTime."

She busted out laughing and gave me a kiss on the cheek before the security guard waved her through. As she walked away we held hands as I stood in place. Our arms were reached out as far as possible until we weren't touching. She went through a metal detector and a guard checked her carry on. She turned left into the secure part of the air port giving me a glance over her shoulder and signing 'I love you' in ASL. We took the last few weeks learning it a bit just for the fuck of it. I signed back. And then she was gone.

I texted her right away and waited for an answer before I moved out of my spot. She explained that she had to find a charging station to sit at so she could charge her phone and then went to get a coffee.

I walked back to the car where my mom was waiting for me. She gave me a long hug until I received another text from Elara and pushed her away to read it.

Our messages consisted of how much we were going to miss each other and how much we cared about each other until her flight was called and she had to leave. It was a two hour long drive back to my house where my brother was watching the news like he always did.

"You know," I rustled his hair, "you're a strange kid to find joy in watching the news." I laughed to try and hide the pain of Elara leaving.

He looked up at me with the most horrified look on his face. "What flight did you say Elara was on?" He asked me. I was in the kitchen now, grabbing a glass of water.

"3216, why?"

"You need to see this." My mother replied.

I walked over to the living room and watched the blue and red headliner for the national news channel roll across the screen.

PLANE CRASHES DURING TAKE OFF. MANY CASUALTIES. MULTIPLE INJURIES. DELTA FLIGHT:3216
________________
ALRIGHT.
I swear. Last cliff hanger for a few chapters and last one for tonight! Sorry to leave you with an even WORSE cliff hanger than before but. You know me.
Love you,
Mean it,
Always,
Daniel.