Homework

I invited my crush over after school to work on homework so that's what we did. We had only been talking for a couple of days and ever since I met Elara in first block I had forgotten all about Morgan. So when she came up to me at the end of the day I was surprised, until I remembered. We spent the whole time talking about ourselves instead of actually working.

I found out that she was as straight as a girl can be, and I was surprisingly okay with it. I was actually a bit relieved. Because now I didn't have to worry about liking two girls. Even though I had just met Elara. I wouldn't say I liked Elara yet, but I can definitely see it happening in the future. Morgan and I made dinner and played some video games for a few hours until I had to take her home. The car ride to her house was a bit strange. She decided to talk about the guy she liked. I didn't mind, but it was a bit awkward.

I don't like thinking about hetero relationships. It makes me feel dirty.

When I dropped her off I wished her good luck with the guy and waited until she got into her house before I drove off. I was playing a bit of Front Porch Step quietly because I didn't want to wake anyone up, it was about ten thirty. I stopped at a stop light and groaned in frustration. Every. Single. Fucking. Time. I saw a shadow standing by the corner waiting for the walkway light to turn green. When it did I could tell who it was as she walked into my headlights. I rolled down my window.

"Elara!" She jumped and turned towards me. Blushing she walked slowly to my car. "What are you doing out so late? And alone?" I asked, looking for someone else to accompany her. Failing to find anyone. She looked just like her art project....

In this moment, Elara found her shoes to be a very interesting item to look at. "I can't go home" she said quietly still looking at her shoes. She seemed ashamed, as of what she said would make me hate her.

"What? Why?" I asked, noticing her school bag on her shoulders and Longboard in her arm. Does everyone Longboard in this town. Jesus Christ. I knew she skated, but seriously, longboards are expensive.

Elara looked at me. "I told them something they didn't want to hear. So they kicked me out. I got a bag. Filled it up with clothes. Got my board. And left." As she mentioned her bag she shrugged her shoulder to prove that it was there, and did the same for the board. It was kind of cute, like she had to prove something that she knew I was already aware of.

"Where are you going?" I asked hearing the tone in her voice warning me to not ask what she did to get kicked out.

"I don't know." She said looking up at me, "and, quite frankly, I don't care." I blinked. Shocked. She said that so obviously, almost as if I should have known that would be the answer.  How could someone's parents kick them out of the house especially Elara. She's small, about five foot three, she's beautiful with brown hair down to the small of her back and this amazing skin that I crave to touch.... No. No Anastasia, stop thinking like that. Damn.

Before I knew what I was saying I blurted, "You can stay at my place. My mom is supportive of everything, it's kind of scary. I have a king sized bed so you'd have room, but you can sleep on the couch if you want. And I have an empty drawer. My cousin stayed for a bit last month and I've just been too lazy to put clothes back in it. What am I thinking, I'll take the couch, you can sleep in my bed." I was pretty much babbling at this point. Why am I so eager to befriend her? I smiled at her, crossing my fingers that she'd take the offer.

She tilted her head, and gave me a smile that went to her eyes, I could tell because her eyes were closed but had those small wrinkles on the outer edge of them, showing that she was truly happy I offered her a place to stay.

"Thank you so much Anastasia. That means a lot. I'd love to. It'll be like a huge sleepover. But better." The 'but better' made my mind go to places it shouldn't. What can I say? I AM a teenager you know? "And, I'll take your offer up on that bed. I can't sleep on a couch. And I rest much better when I'm next to someone." She looked at her shoes again, ashamed of what she said.

I hopped out of my car as the light turned green and helped her put her items in the trunk. She didn't seem to have too many outfits, I have a lot, but they all look the same, just different colours.

"So, you'll be in my bed. With me. Sleeping. Right next to you?" I asked trying to make sure this is actually what she wanted.

"Yes ma'am." She responded joyfully.

I blushed. I get to sleep with Elara StJames.