Theater

Theater and art have always been my two favorite classes. But now I can't decide which one I like more. Elara is in both. The director had a new project for us. She had us get in pairs and write a quick improve act. Obviously me and Elara paired up. We sat in the auditorium right next to eachother laughing at the other acts as they performed. They were all so Fucking hilarious and ours was more depressing. Oh well.

She called our name and we both went on stage, red as hell. The people who had seen us before awed and we looked at eachother. Theater class had the most accepting people I've ever met. I hate everyone, but not here guys. I cannot express how safe I feel on this stage. Especially with her next to me.

She pulled up a chair and sat on it while I walked off left stage for my entrance. It was improve so I had no idea how Elara was going to start the scene. We only planned the plot, nothing else. She used her hand to mimic a cellphone she did not own.

"Hun. I know. Trust me. I get it. Mommy will be there soon. I'm sorry she's late. Hang in there. Okay? Try to not miss the bus again."

I walked on stage and said. "Is that Skylar?"

"Yes it is." She said pitting her hand over the invisible phone then directing her attention back to it. "Skylar, honey, do you want to talk to mommy?"

She handed the phone over to me. "I'll be there in a bit hun. Just wait up okay?" I was quiet. Pretending like mine and Elara's son was talking. "Yes sir" I laughed and hung up the phone.

"What are we ganna do. He's so hopeless." I laughed to Elara.

"Baby he's nine."

I blushed when she said baby. I knew it was just an act but it all felt so real. Like this could happen some day. The kids in the audience awed and said we were cute, and it was hard to hold back a blush.

"I know, I know" I smiled at her as she stood up and wrapped her arms around me.

"This world has gone to hell. How did this town keep up it's education system? The dead are still everywhere. I'm happy we enrolled him in the 'living self defence' classes but I feel as if it isn't real enough. If he doesn't actually get out there and get experience, if this place gets overrun, I'm worried he won't be able to defend himself."

I looked at her. Realizing she changed this whole thing to center around a damn zombie apocalypse. Seriously? Come-on. "Then let's take him out. You and me. We'll take him together." She smiled at me. As we both walked off stage for a second just to walk back on.

"HI Skylar." Elara said smiling. She leaned down to hug an imaginary child.

"Me and mommy are going to take you out. We're going to help train you for the real world."

After a few seconds of silence I spoke "honey don't be too excited. This is not a game. You got that? This is serious you can die, me and mom could die. But we need you here to protect us."

We walked off stage pretending to hold his two little hands. And walked back on. We seemed to be carrying guns.

"Skylar. Right there." Elara pointed. I flinched to represent Skylar shooting his gun. Then I shot mine once. "You have to aim for the head. That's how they die." I said. We started to walk fast then after about ten seconds Elara started to look around.

"Skylar?!" She yelled. "Skylar. Honey. Where are you?!" We both started to panic. Our son was missing. I heard Elara yell as she pretended to shoot her gun many times. She ran to the floor a few feet away and I stood behind her looking down. "Skylar! We told you to stay close. You were just with us! Why did you run off?!" She had tears rolling down her face.

She's such and amazing actress. I kneeled beside her and held her as she cried. The scene ended with me reaching out and shooting our only son in the head and holding Elara while she cried.

The auditorium burst out in applause. Everyone was so impressed. We smiled and held eachothers hand while we both took a bow and gave high fives as we all were heading back to the classroom.

The class bell rang as soon as we got in the room. Elara looked at me.

"Maybe that can happen some day. Not the dead thing. But the son thing." She smiled at me. And I blushed harder than I have before. My face was starting to hurt with how much I've been smiling since we met.

"Time to go our separate ways. See you at the end of the day. Don't forget about your detention." She said to me kissing my cheek.