Chapter Three

Harry's POV

"Okay." Her angelic voice says. She shut the car door and I watch her walk away towards her house. I watch every step and watch her go into the house.
I can't let her stay here anymore, she needs to get out.

I try to stop thinking about it all by turning on the radio station, but after a couple minutes I hear screaming and yelling. So I turn off my radio and listen and realize it's coming from Diana's house. I get out of the car and run towards the house and barge in. The smell of must and alcohol consume me. I see Diana in a corner and her dad is hitting her and yelling at her and I just charge at him and the last thing I hear before my anger consumed me is "Harry no!" and then my mind is black. Diana pulls me out of it by pulling on me and pulling me out side and put me in the car then she gets in and we speed off. After we are far we pull over to an abandoned lot and she gets out and walks away a bit and just sits on the ground with her knees to her head crying. I get out and follow her and pull her to my chest and just hold her.
"It's okay now. You're okay" I say until she is calmed down.
"I'm sorry." She says while wiping her tears.
"For what?" I ask
"For you waking in on all of that and you hurting your hands and my dad hitting you."
I look at my hands and my skin on my knuckles is spilt and bleeding.
"We need to get you cleaned and bandaged. Where do you live? I'll drive." She says while getting back in the car.
"Beau street. It's about twenty minutes away." I say and I look at her face and she's trying to think where that is and I notice blood coming from her hair line, a briuse forming on her cheek, and a cut on her lip is bleeding a little. With all of this on her face she still looks beautiful. I don't see why her father did this to her.
"Can you please stop staring at me Harry?" She says while looking forward still at the road.
"Sorry." I mumble.
After about 10 minutes of silence I decide to break it.
"You never answered how long he has been doing this to you."
"Since I was six or seven." She says with a straight face.
"How old are you now?"
"I just turned 18 yesterday."
"Why didn't you stay with a friend instead?"
"I don't have any." She shrugs.
"Oh. I'm sorry."
"It's fine."

I sit there and just look out the window realizing I just meet a beautiful girl and learned her whole life in one day. But not her name. I'm about to ask but she says something first.
"Thank you for helping me."
"You're welcome."
"You left my father pretty messed up." She laughs. God her laugh is even beautiful.
"How bad?"
"Well, his nose looked broken, his eye was already turning a color when we left, his lips were busted pretty badly, and you started to choke him. That's when I finally pulled you off, but you didn't look right. You didn't look like you were here. Like you were blacked out of your mind and went crazy. Have you been like that before?"
I just slightly nod.
And so does she.

Word count: 589