Chapter Two

Diana's POV

"Oh, shoot. Im Harry. Harry Styles." he says holding his hand out, "and I'm going to buy you another drink."

"No it's fine, it was just a latte." I say
"Yeah, an expensive latte." He points out.
"Exactly why you don't need to but me a new one."
"I insist."
"I'm not going to win this am I?"
"Nope. Come on."

So we walk back to the counter and he buys a strawberry acai tea and me a new latte.
I look at his drink and it's a pinkish and red drink with strawberries in it and realize how girly it looks.

"Would you like a drink?" He asks.
"No thanks."
"Are you sure? You keep starting at it."
"No in fine I just like to study things. And it looks like a girly drink."
"Oh and you're doesn't little miss pumpkin spice latte basic white girl." he laughs.

We sit down in a booth and just sit there in silence drinking our drinks. After a few minutes I stare out the window out at the world and people walking by and I study everything from the cracks on the side walk and the font on businesses and I'm so in thought in my own world I get startled by Harry's phone ringing.

"Hey Boo Bear." he answers and I just go back to the world and watch life go by.
"Okay bye Louis." he says and ends the call. So he's gay? Well I'm not surprised. His style, his drink choices, how he knows the front desk guy so well. I'm a girl and I don't even come here that much-

"Hellloooo." Harry is snapping his fingers in my face.
"Sorry, train of thought."
"Ah, we should get going. It's getting late."
"Okay," I say while getting up from the booth,"thanks for the latte."
"No problem love," he says while standing up, "I'll walk out with you."

We walk out of Starbucks and I start walking home. A long way from home.

"Hey wait, do you want a ride?"
"No it's fine I don't live that far."
"I insist. Come on get it."
"THIS IS YOUR CAR?!" I say looking at the all black Roles Royce.
"So, where do you live?"
"In Valley Wood..." I say trailing off.
"That's far. Glad you didn't walk, it's dark out. They're a lot of creeps lurking around looking for girls like you."
"I can protect myself." I say as he starts driving.
"I didn't say you couldn't."

After about five minutes of driving Harry asked a question I wasn't expecting.

"So how long ?"
He says with a serious face while watching the road.
"What do you mean?"
"I'm not stupid. I can see them. On your cheek, collarbone, your arm. I see it. So, how long?"
"It's-it's really none of your business Harry." I say and just look out the window.

He pulls over to the side of the road and turns off the car.

"Don't ignore me or the question. I hate seeing people getting hurt and I want to help. I couldn't help but study you with you walked into Starbucks just like you did with me."

I snap my head in his direction.

"How did you know?"
"I seen you studying me through the reflection of the window."
"Oh."
"Why don't you leave him? If he abuses you, why don't you break up with him and just leave?"
I just laugh, " I don't have a boyfriend."
"So it's a family member. Mom, dad, sibling?"
"No," I look down at my lap, "my mom died while giving birth to me."
"I'm sorry, but, so it's your father?"

I just stare at his face and realize how hurt and angry he looks and his eyes a green, dark green, his eyebrows are furrowed together and he stares back at me and his eyes go back to lighter green and we just sit in silence staring at each other till I look down and fiddle my fingers and my shirt suddenly becoming nervous.

"You're beautiful. Especially your eyes." He says while still looking at me. And I clear my throat.

"I-um- don't you have a boyfriend?"
And he just started at me questionably

"Wh-you thought I was gay?"
"Well ye-"
"Wait why?"
"Your drink, style, you know the clerk very well, and Boo Bear "
"I understand why you thought that. But I'm not gay."
"Oh, I should get home. But do you mind if we stop at the store?"
"Sure". He started driving and we get to the store and we get out and walk on and go our sperate ways. I grabbed a twenty-four pack of beer and check out.

I get in the car and Harry instantly gets irritated and throws the candy he was eating out the window and starts driving me home.

After a while of driving in silence we were on my street.

"What ones yours ." he says angry and I look over at him and his knuckles are white from gripping the steering wheel so tightly.

"6573." I say quietly. We pull up to my house and every light is off and it's pitch black.

I get out of the car and tell Harry thanks and I'm about to close the car door when Harry says something.

"Come back out after you put the beer away please. " he says.
And I just nod.

Word count: 904