Chapter One

Diana's POV

"DIANA!" I heard my dad yell angerly downstairs. I run down the stairs to see what he needed and I get to the bottom of the stairs and see him in the kitchen looking into the empty fridge.

"Yes father?" I said standing still at my spot of the kitchen behind him.

"Where the hell is the beer?!" He slurrly yells.

"You drank it all last night, remember?" I say trying to recall his memory.

"Don't you smart mouth me young lady." He walks up to me reaking of alcohol. "Remember what happened last time?"

I listen to his words remembering the night of him slapping so hard it hurt for two or three days after. So I just keep my mouth shut in til he dismisses me back to my room.
I get to my room and start on my painting I was working on before I got called down stairs. After about 20-30 minutes I realize I have to go to work. I hop in the shower real quick and when I come back out I see my painting on my bedroom floor ruined with the words "UGLY, STUPID, FAILURE, HORRIBLE" drawn all over it ruining it. I sigh and set the ruined canvas down and put clothes on and blow dry my hair and put it up in a half bun and put on some mascara and grab my canvas and go down stairs.

"Why did you do this?" I ask my father showing him the canvas.

"Because its ugly stupid and horrible. You suck at art and the painting looked awful. Stop wasting your time on such useless shit and go buy me beer, now."

"I can't." I say angerly. " I have work. Get off you drunk ass and get it yourself." I say but regret it as so as they come out of my mouth.
My father gets up off the couch with a pissed off face and charges angerly at me and I try to run but he catches me before I even can. He grabs me around my arms and slams me on the ground and I turn to face him and he hits me in the face.

"Remember whose roof you're under, you ungrateful bitch! Wheres your apartment or house?! No where, you don't have one. So don't tell me I'm lazy. I work to keep this roof over us. Go buy me beer." He walks up the stairs to his room to go to sleep and I get up and walk to work.

*******

I see the sign of the music shop and dread going in knowing that Mia will know why I'm late and give me sympathy and I hate it.

"I'm sorry I'm late" I say as clocking in.

"It's fine honey. You could've stayed home."

I look at her with the "you've got to be kidding me" look. She puts her hands up "I know I know stupid me to say that."

***

After working for a while from 2:00-8:45, I decide to go for a  lunch break down at Starbucks for some coffee.

I get to Starbucks and while waiting line I notice a guy sitting by himself just staring out the window with his coffee or tea he has in his hands. He looks so focused in thought and I can't help but wonder what he is thinking. I can't help but study his features, like his curls trying to escape his maroon beanie and his prominent jaw line. He wears a white t shirt with a red flannel around his waist with his black skinny jeans kind of like me. I look at his cup and notice he's kind of like slowly turning it around while thinking and I notice how gentle his hands look and...

"Miss?"

"Huh?" I say not realizing it was my turn to order "sorry I was distracted. I'll get the pumpkin spice latte please."

I get my drink and decide to go sit down and scroll through tumblr when some one bumps into me making me spill my latte all over me and the person. I look up and see the guy I studied while I was in line.

"I'm SO sorry!" He says as he picks up my cup of the ground and hands it to me. "I was looking at something on my phone and didn't see you i'm so so sorry. Let me buy you a new one please." He says as he is getting napkins and helping clean it up.

"It's fine really sir." He laughs a little and looks at me weird.

"What?" I questioned him.

"Sir?" He laughs but I'm serious.

"Well I don't exactly know your name sir." I say crossing my arms looking at him.

"Oh, shoot I'm sorry, I'm Harry. Harry Styles" he says holding his hand out.

Word count: 811