28

Naruto's reign as Hokage lasted over forty years, nearly tying the Sandaime for total time served. He ruled fairly and wisely and the people loved him for it. Under his rule, there were no wars, but that was mainly because Naruto wasn't afraid to strike first. He was an excellent Hokage and revered as one of the best ever.

He and Sakura had married after his first six months in office and the event was all over Konoha. Celebrations broke out everywhere and when it was announced a month later that Sakura was pregnant, the people rejoiced more. She couldn't wait to be a mother and Naruto couldn't wait to be a father.

Tsunade had moved onto the Namikaze estate after announcing Naruto as her successor and she couldn't have been happier. She could drink when she wanted, sleep when she wanted, and once the baby was born, she got to play the doting grandmother. Tsunade literally smothered the Namikaze children with love and affection. She passed on thirteen years after giving up her title and all of Konoha mourned her passing. The last of the original Sannin was gone.

Heaven was never the same either when she was met by Jiraiya at the gates and crushed him in a hug before pummeling him into the ground for leaving her all alone. She then took her time going through her list of other victims, including Minato, Sarutobi, and even Kushina. None were spared her wrath.

Anko kept her title her whole life and refused to pass it on to someone else. The title of Snake Sannin was cursed, she said, and she wouldn't give that to anyone else. The snakes demanded too high a toll for their services besides and she had the contract destroyed. She and Iruka had a couple of kids...and they were holy terrors. They were also some of the best ninjas to hit Konoha in their age group.

Naruto and Sakura's children grew up to lead Konoha to a new age, an age that saw the nations unite and a golden age come in. It was at the end of his rule that Naruto saw this come to fruition and so, he had no regrets when he finally passed on. The Kami was apparently looking out for him, because he and Sakura both passed in their sleep in each other's arms.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Naruto opened his eyes to find nothing but clouds as far as the eye could see. He blinked and felt a weight on his chest and turned his head to find a head of bubblegum pink hair. Wait, bubblegum pink hair? Sakura hadn't had pink hair in years. A glance down confirmed that it was indeed his Sakura, except she looked like she was twenty again. When the hell did she learn Tsunade's technique? He brushed his hand over her cheek and stopped when he saw the back of his hand.

It was smooth again, no wrinkles or veins showing. What the hell was all this? He shook Sakura awake and watched as she groggily sat up.

"Whassa matter, honey? One of the kids need advice again?"

"No, this is different. Look around, Sakura. Where are we and why are we young again?"

She looked at him and was on her knees immediately, stroking his face and looking into his once again cobalt blue eyes, not dulled with age anymore. She shook her head, trying to find out if it was all real.

"What happened?"

"I don't know. We went to sleep and we woke up here. I don't know where we are."

They stood to their feet and looked around, surprised at first that the cloudy substance could support them. Off in the distance, they could see a slight glow and began to walke toward it.

It seemed like only a moment and they had reached the glow. The sight before them was awe-inspiring.

A massive crowd stood before them, all with smiles on their faces. All their friends that had passed on before them were there. Their masters and teachers, family and loved ones, all stood before them. At the head of the crowd stood a blue-haired woman with a kind, benevolent smile who seemed to shine with ethereal light.