14

Naruto sat across from Sakura in the lotus position once again. She was not happy with his decision regarding his new ears. Quite frankly, she preferred them over his human ears, but in the end, she couldn't sway him. He wanted them gone and here he stood alongside his swords in front of the fox's cage again.

"Fox, I've come to barter another trade."

And that would be, what, exactly?

"I want these ears gone. Give me back my human ears."

Those ears are more useful than your human ears boy. I know that you know you can hear better now. And don't they bring you more pleasure?

"That's not the point fur ball, and you know it. I've tried my whole life to look human and I won't have that taken away from me now. I was accepting of it yesterday, but today I'm not leaving until we have a compromise, one where both of us are happy."

I'm perfectly happy right now. You're miserable and I love misery. Your intended mate likes the ears, so what's the problem?

"I don't want them. Take them back. I know you can undo this."

Of course I can. But I don't want to. Your female thinks you look 'cute'.

"I don't care what my female thinks, I want them gone."

The two swords both looked at him with awed looks. The fox just grinned wide.

So, she is your female now, is she?

Naruto began to sputter, totally thrown off course. He looked angrily up at the fox.

"Shut up! She's not my female! Now get rid of these damn ears."

The fox merely ignored the blonde's demand and its grin grew wider.

A Freudian slip eh? I see. So you do still harbor deep feelings for that bitch and see her as 'yours'.

"She's not a bitch. Watch yourself fox."

Ah but you do not disagree that you think of her as yours? Hmm...perhaps you are more like me than you think.

"I'm nothing like you."

You are possessive of things that you can't truly have possession of. Konoha and the Land of Fire are mine. They are my territory and yet, if someone stronger than me comes along, then I lose said territory. The same applies to your female.

"Fox..."

That Uchiha boy had her in his grasp all along and you did nothing to ensure she was yours. You thought up half cocked plans and hare brained schemes. You did nothing to ensure that she would be yours.

"I'm warning you..."

And then, when she finally admits to you that she wants to be yours, you rejected her. Said she had to earn your love when she's had it all along. How foolish you humans are.

Kyuubi, I think that's enough.

No Samehada, it is not. This boy needs to hear this. The two of you are too kind to him. Your mate has been waiting for you, you worthless flesh bag and you continue to make her wait.

"She's not my mate..."

And yet, she considers herself yours. What else do you call it?

Kyuubi...

NO! I will say my piece. You, little insect, are stupid and selfish. You bring down everyone around you with your selfishness.

Naruto grit his teeth in anger and the swords took a step back as his chakra began to flare. On the outside, Sakura watched as his blue chakra danced around him.