26

Naruto fidgeted in his seat, trying to get blood flowing back to his legs as he sat in a prone position. The old bastards had been prattling on and on about things he could care less about. Economy this, farmland that...who gives a shit? He made a pitiful noise in his throat, something between a whine and a grunt and shifted his weight again.

Sakura cut her eyes to Naruto and scowled. Why now, of all times, did he feel the need to get restless? It wasn't like she was enjoying the proceedings any more than him. She looked away from his fidgeting to her Anko and found her with her eyes closed. Sending chakra to her ears she found the sound of slight snoring. Sakura frowned and furrowed her brow. Damn Anko and her carefree ways...why couldn't she sleep on the job like that?

She nudged Naruto and when he turned to look at her, she jerked her head in Anko's direction. He leaned back slightly to see what the hubbub was all about and quirked an eyebrow when he saw Anko asleep sitting up. He sat back up straight and whispered to Sakura.

"Don't worry. I got this covered."

She looked around quickly to see if the Daimyos were paying any attention to them and found the two of them and Tsunade engrossed in their negotiations. She grinned and nodded her head. At least this might liven things up a bit.

Naruto discreetly made the handsigns for Kuchiyose no Jutsu and a terrier-sized toad appeared. Before it could speak, Naruto shushed it and motioned for it to come toward him. When it reached his legs he leaned forward and put his hand to his mouth.

"I want you to wake her up by any means necessary. And once you see her waking up, dispel before she does anything to you."

The toad grinned and nodded happily. It was usually one of the ones that helped him torture Anko so it was always happy to help. It put a webbed foot to its mouth conspiratorially.

"What do I get out of this? Got any snacks?"

"Not at the moment. But when we get back to Konoha I'll bake you some cookies, ok?"

The toad nodded vigorously and hopped away from Naruto, in front of Sakura, where it tapped her leg with a flipper and smiled up at her. She smiled back and followed it with her eyes as it hopped over to Anko and sat in front of her, tilting its head as if in contemplation.

She nearly snorted out loud when it put a flipper to its chin, as if contemplating its next move, before smirking and crouching down. It leapt into the air and spun, slapping Anko's cheeks with its back feet before landing and looking up. Anko just kept sleeping. The little toad scowled and glared up at the sleeping Snake Sannin.

Sakura and Naruto tried to keep their snickering to a minimum, but when the little toad puffed up indignantly, Sakura squeaked and the Daimyos and Tsunade turned to her. Tsunade quirked her right eyebrow and coughed into her hand.

"Is something the matter Sakura?"

Sakura looked down and to the side quickly to see where the toad was but found it nowhere. Then she felt a pressure against her back and the toad smacked her with its foot a couple times. She rubbed her nose discreetly and smiled at Tsunade.

"No, Hokage-sama. Nothing's the matter. I just sneezed. I'm sorry to have interrupted."

She cut her eyes again to Naruto and found his eye twitching from mirth. Tsunade nodded and the three older folks began talking again. The little toad poked its head out from behind Sakura and glared at Anko again as it hopped over.

Naruto and Sakura watched as the little toad put its hands together in a tiger seal and huffed and puffed and its cheeks swelled. When it looked like its cheeks couldn't stretch anymore, it jerked its head back and then snapped it forward, a small shot of water expelling from its mouth and right into Anko's face.