4

'Oh Kami' Naruto thought 'Can this day get any worse?'

Naruto truly loved his friends, really he did, but they were trying his patience. He was currently in Tsunade's office, squeezed into one of the chairs that were not meant to hold his oversized frame. He had withstood a barrage of questions about his new look and was, quite frankly, sick of it. Most of the questions seemed to repeat themselves and he had separated them into different categories in his mind.

Question: How/When did you get so tall?

Answer: I got this tall during training. It's a combination of my muscles and bones being broken multiple times and the Kyuubi rehealing them, to my need to be taller to take advantage of the swords. That was also Kyuubi's influence I suppose. If I had stayed shorter, I'd be dragging the swords around and couldn't use them properly. I'm sure Samehada and Kubikiri had nothing to do with my current height and build...

Question: What's with the beard/long hair?

Answer: I was in the wilderness for two freaking years! I didn't have access to scissors or a razor and quite frankly they were the last things on my mind. Besides, most girls say I look cool like this...

Question: Are those swords enchanted?

Answer: They're not enchanted; they're sentient. They have their own minds and don't always do as I tell them, instead following their own idea or rules. They're my partners as much as I am their master. Without me they are hunks of metal. Without them, I don't feel complete.

Question: I like the look, but what's with it? Not into orange anymore?

Answer: The freaking cloak is orange isn't it?

Question: Will you go out with me?

Answer: No, I will most certainly not go out with you...

This Q&A shit was getting on his last freaking nerve. Why couldn't Tsunade have just talked to him alone? At least with just her he could relax and not worry about Samehada or Kubikiri zapping someone because they didn't want to be picked up. He stared down at his legs and was painfully aware of just how tall he had become. He looked gangly and clumsy sitting in that small chair, his frame too big so he had to sit on the edge. Upset with his ass falling asleep, he opted instead to flop down on the floor. Big mistake since he left an imprint in the floor, making Tsunade irate that that was another thing she'd have to have fixed. Naruto sighed. The Hokage office would be brand new by the time he took up the station.

Tsunade had finally had enough. In between Naruto's obvious discomfort and growing irritation with his friends, Lee's constant demands for a spar, Sakura's longing looks at Naruto, and TenTen constantly trying to bypass the swords' defenses; she had slowly begun to get that twitch over her eye. Slamming her hands down on her desk, she narrowly avoided breaking it before screaming at the top of her lungs.

"QUIET!"

Silence followed. Not even an overly exuberant Lee was going to deny Tsunade her quiet time.

"Now I'm sure all of you are happy to see Naruto back, but I have things to discuss with him and then I have to speak to Yamamoto-san. All of you report to the rec room in the Hokage tower at 7 o'clock tonight and I'll guarantee that Naruto will be there for you to bug. Now begone, all of you. Naruto, Sakura, you stay. I wish to discuss some things with you."

'Great. I wanted to avoid Sakura as much as possible and now I'm stuck with her for Kami knows how long. Sometimes I really hate you Tsunade.'

"Now then you two. I know that you haven't seen each other in a long time but you'll have to put aside any get togethers until tonight. Once the third member gets here, we'll be taking a walk to the Council room and having a chitchat with them concerning your new stations. Ah, here's our third chickadee now."