23

Tsunade managed to catch herself when she felt the ground rock and turned her head back toward the stadium. Inwardly she groaned. Naruto would more than likely destroy that stadium and she'd have to rebuild the damn thing. A Sound jounin stepped in front of her and cracked his knuckles.

"The infamous Tsunade of the Sannin. I've always wanted to try my strength against yours."

Tsunade rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips.

"Look kid, what's it gonna take for you to go away? I don't have time to babysit right now."

The jounin grit his teeth in indignation and spat on the ground. Already this old bitch was leaving a bad taste in his mouth.

"Listen you old hag. I didn't come here to listen to you talk about your grandchildren, so put your dentures in and let's fight. If it helps, I'll go get your walker."

Tsunade glared at the ninja and squared off, ready to split his head open.

"Your move squirt...or does your mama need to come wipe your ass?"

The sound ninja darted forward and threw a punch at Tsunade's stomach. She sidestepped and was knocked in the face by a spinning heelkick. She didn't falter though and rounded about, charging chakra into her hands in the form of a chakra scalpel and sliced through the ligaments on his legs. The man fell to the ground with a scream and Tsunade punted him across the ground and into a wall.

Sakura landed lightly beside her master and took note of the bruise on her cheek.

"You must be getting slower Shishou. A few years ago someone like him never would have landed a finger on you."

Tsunade rubbed the mark and looked around to her ninjas that were pushing the Oto ninjas back. The damage wasn't nearly as extensive as the last time the Sound had invaded, but it was still pretty bad. The difference had been that there were no summons yet.

A resounding boom echoed throughout the village and she looked up to see a giant badger just outside the city walls.

"Oh Goddammit..."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Naruto blocked a swing at his side and thrust Kubikiri forward, trying for a jab. Kurosuke nimbly allowed the blade to pass him by and used the momentum to throw a backhand towards Naruto's face. The giant of a man ducked under the blow and was met with a knee to his chin. Naruto took the blow and let the motion carry him through a backflip, lashing out with his steeltoed boot to catch Kurosuke on the chin as well.

Both men flopped backwards and kipped up to their feet, landing in defensive positions. Naruto smirked and spat the blood from his mouth, never lowering his blades.

"You've improved a lot from what I'd heard. Not many get inside my guard without my letting them."

Kurosuke's glare of hatred never left his face as he wiped the blood from his lip, his blade never moving.

"Someone had to be able to beat you. I've trained myself to exhaustion so that I could take on the infamous Master of the Dual Zanbatous on equal ground. I know many styles and I've learned how to counter your style specifically."

Naruto smirked and put both swords behind him, the blades crossing in an X.

"What happens though, Kurosuke, when I don't use the style you've studied to defeat? Do you have a defense for a style that no one has seen in years?"

The Otokage sneered and put his right leg far in front of his left, bending low to the ground, as he brough his sword level with his head with his left hand, holding it loosely, while he let the tip rest in between the thumb and pointer finger of his right. Naruto quirked an eyebrow at the stance.