15...He Wasn't The Father

~Alex's POV~

After sitting in the college parking lot for a half hour, I get to the apartment and wipe all my tears away as I approach the apartment door.

I open the door and walk in to see Brandon standing there, glaring at me. He spends a lot of time here. He basically lives here. Oh, and Anna moved in with her boyfriend last month.

"Why are you so late?" He snaps.

"No reason. I just took my time." I shrug.

"You know I hate it when you're late. Do you really want that punishment when you're pregnant?" He asks, smirking evilly.

"No, Brandon. Please don't." I say as tears come to my eyes.

"Get over here, NOW!!" He yells, making me flinch.

He pulls me roughly to the living room couch and throws me on it. He rips off my yoga pants, which are the last ones that fit me now, and removes the rest of my clothes. He makes me go on my stomach, which I know isn't good for the baby, so I try to squirm around.

"Stay still!" He snaps and starts tying my hands behind my back.

I hear his zipper unzip and his pants fall to the floor.

He harshly thrusts into me and goes at a crazy speed.

"Ow! No, Brandon! Stop! Please!" I sob, tears streaming down my face.

He keeps thrusting roughly and I squirm my hands around. I somehow manage to untie the piece of clothing he put around my wrists and I try to get up.

"No, you better not try to get up, Alex." He growls.

I manage to twist around and punch him in the face, making him wobble back just enough for me to escape.

I grab my clothes and try to run to the door but he grabs me by my hair and pulls me back.

"Where do you think you're going?" He growls and throws me into the table and I feel it hit my stomach.

"Stop, Brandon! Please!!" I sob louder.

He grabs me by my arms and throws me against the wall and slaps me in the face. He keeps slapping me and I feel a sharp pain in my stomach.

"Please, stop." I whisper before everything goes dark.

--

I open my eyes and see an unfamiliar ceiling. I hear beeps around me and I look around. I'm in a hospital room.

"Hey. You're awake." I hear Michael's voice and soon I see his face as I look over to where he's sitting at my side.

"What happened?" I whisper.

"Well, Anna kept calling your cellphone and you wouldn't answer so she went to the apartment to check on you and she found you naked on the floor, all bruised up and bleeding. Brandon wasn't around in the apartment so she called the authorities about him. He must've ran away after you blacked out. Anna called me and told me about it and I came here right away. Do you remember anything?" He asks.

"Where's Anna?" I ask.

"In the hospital's cafeteria, looking for coffee. Do you remember anything that happened?" He asks again.

"Oh. I remember when I got home I was late and he said he was gonna punish me. He threw me on the couch and took all my clothes off and tied my hands up behind my back. I kept begging him to stop but he wouldn't. I was trying to stop him for the baby. He kept slapping me and that's all I remember." I say.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He says sympathetically.

"What about my baby? Is he okay?" I ask, panicking as I see his eyes fill with tears.

"No." He whispers.

"What? What's wrong with him?" I ask as I start to cry.

"You had a miscarriage. Your baby isn't here anymore. They said that based on the situation you were in, it was from stress and abuse." He explains.

"What? Oh my god, why did this have to happen?" I sob into my hands.

"I'm so sorry, Alex." He sighs, rubbing my arm.

"He killed our child." I sob.

"He wasn't suited to be a father." Michael says.

"He wasn't the father." I whisper.

"What?" He frowns.

"He wasn't the father, Michael." I sigh, looking over at him.

"Then who was?" He asks.

"You were." I whisper and he gasps.

"What? I-It was my child and you didn't tell me? You told me it was his child." He whispers.

"I'm so so so sorry, Michael. I'm sorry I lied to you, I'm sorry about everything." I sob.

"But why? Why would you do this?" He asks.

"I still love you and I miss you but I didn't want the same thing to happen all over again." I sigh.

"So you were willing to make our son grow up without a father just so what happened won't happen again even though I would make sure it never happens again?" He frowns.

"I'm sorry, Michael. I wasn't thinking."

"Oh, hey! You're awake!" Anna says, coming into the room.

"Did you know that Alex's son was mine?" Michael asks her right away.

"Yeah." She nods.

"So everyone knew but me! Great." He sighs.

"I'm really really sorry, Michael." I cry, looking at him and he sighs.

"Okay. I forgive you." He says.

"Really?" I smile.

"Yes. And by the way, you're coming home with me. I don't want you to go back there." He says.

"Okay. As long as I'm with you, I feel safe." I whisper.

"Awwww." Anna coos and Michael and I giggle.

"I got to see our son." Michael says.

"How'd he look?" I ask.

"He wasn't fully developed of course but his facial features sure looked like you." He smiles.

"Aw. I wish I could've seen him." I sigh.

"Hey, honey." I hear a familiar voice say.

"Mom?" I gasp, looking at the doorway.