14...Won't Be Getting Her Back Now

---A Couple Months Later---

~Michael's POV~
It's been quite a few months now and Alex and Brandon are still together.

I'm still very much deeply in love with Alex even though I know she won't be mine again, which somehow makes me love her more.

I know. Pathetic, right?

Right now, I'm teaching Alex's class and I give them an assignment to work on. I take out a sticky note and write a little note on it. It says; "Meet me in my office after class."

I stand from my desk and go over to Alex and place it on her worksheet before returning back to my desk.

I watch as she read it and sighs. She looks at me and then looks away.

---After Class---

Now, I'm in my office an it's been about 10 minutes since class ended and I'm still hoping Alex comes.

I sigh, looking at my watch, figuring she won't come. How stupid can I be? Thinking she'd actually show up?

I open the door and to my surprise, she's standing there.

"Hey." I whisper.

"Hey." She whispers back, walking into my office as I close the door.

"Um, what's up?" I ask and she shrugs.

"What did you want me here for?" She asks.

"Look, Alex. I know you're with Brandon but please, give me another chance. Give us another chance. Alex, everything that happened that night I instantly regretted when you left. Now, whenever I see you with him I get so angry and jealous. Please, Alex. I miss you--us so much!" I say as tears escape my eyes.

I lean my forehead against hers as she closes her eyes. I see a tear roll down her cheek and she sighs.

"I miss you too but-"

"No buts, please." I whisper.

"Michael it's too late." She says as she starts crying more and wipes her tears.

"What do you mean? It's not too late. We love each other. We can start over." I say, holding her beautiful face in my hands.

I start to lean in to kiss her and she sighs.

"I'm pregnant." She whispers.

"What?" I whisper back.

"I'm pregnant, Michael." She says, looking into my eyes as I pull away from her.

"Y-You're p-pregnant? By B-Brandon?" I stutter.

"Yes, I am." She nods and I sigh.

I could just die right now.

"Oh. Um, well, congratulations. You're gonna be a great mom." I say, putting on a fake smile.

"Thanks." She smiles.

I stare at her for a while and she clears her throat.

"I should get back to class." She says.

"Oh, right. I'll write up an excuse for you." I say, sitting at my desk.

I scribble out an excuse and hand it to her.

"Thanks." She whispers.

"You're welcome. And, again, congrats!" I say and she nods before leaving.

As soon as she closes the door, I break down into tears.

"Why? Why, God? Why?" I sob.

I pick up my phone and call Jermaine.

"Hello?"

"Alex is pregnant!" I sob.

"Oh. Who's is it?" He asks.

"I-It's Brandon's!" I reply in a cry.

"Oh. I guess you won't be getting her back now." He says.

"I still wanna get her back." I sigh, looking at the framed picture of me and Alex kissing that's inside my desk drawer.

"Why? She's pregnant with someone else's child. Just move on, dude." He says.

"No. I still want her, even if she's pregnant with his child." I sigh.

"Oh boy." I hear Jermaine whisper.

--After School--

~Alex's POV~

I exit the school with tears streaming down my face and immediately run to my car.

I sit in the passenger seat and sigh. I lift up my baggy hoodie so my baby belly is showing and more years fall from my eyes.

I'm actually 4 and a half months pregnant but I've been covering it up with my baggy clothes. I've only been with Brandon for 3 and a half months so I know for sure that it's Michael's child. I know, I told him it's Brandon's but I just don't want Michael in my life more than he already is. I really do miss him but I just can't go back to him.