Holy Hades

Percy stared open mouthed and unmoving for perhaps four minutes before Thalia stomped on his foot, snapping him out of whatever shock he'd been in.
"Idiot! Let me in."
She had a cut across her cheek, like she'd been clipped by a fist. She had bruises on her left wrist, and one on her jaw.
Percy stupidly moved to the side, still opening and closing his mouth like the stranded fish he was.
"Hey Thalia...?" He asked more than said, extremely confused. Shouldn't Thalia be off in some hidden valley hunting antelope? Why was she here looking like she just got in a fight with some drug lord who she owed money to? (Not that Percy had any sort of experience with how one looked after owing someone money... Nope. Definitely not guys.)
"Luke is going to ask Annabeth to marry him, tonight, but it's not Luke."
Percy blinked slowly, confused but trying to understand. "But Annabeth doesn't even like Luke?"
Crap, he hasn't told Thalia about him and Annabeth.
"She doesn't? Luke seemed positive she'd say yes Percy." His cousin narrowed her shocking eyes at him, and he could practically hear the gears turning in her brain.
Percy's expression was pained. "I have to go find Annabeth. Did Luke say where they were meeting?"
Thalia gave him her ultra deluxe Are you serious face. "Yes."
Percy motioned for her to go on, clueless as always.
"Okay... I'm not telling you until you answer some of my questions." Thalia said.
Percy groaned. "What?"
Thalia proceeded to lightly knee his hot spot. "Quit blowing me off will ya? I haven't seen you in almost a year it seems and this is the big welcome home?"
Percy scanned over Thalia like a grocery clerk would any normal item. "I'm sorry Pineface, lots of stuff going on right now," he excused himself lamely. It was all hard to explain. "And owww!" He whined.

She grinned. "Anyway..." Her smile fell. "What the Holy Hades happened to you?"
Her eyes were on the various small cuts and bruises dotting his own face.
He only shrugged. He didn't need Thalia to go after Luke, she might get even more hurt. Yes, Thalia could handle herself, but he didn't want to take the risk of anything happening to her. She was the sister he'd never wanted.
Not that he'd trade her now though.
She continued staring at him. "You'll have to do better than a shrug." She informed him, folding her arms expectantly.
Percy sighed dramatically. Like girls. "It's fine Thalia, can I go yet?" He was worried about Annabeth, his left foot bouncing energetically.

She shook her head. "Tell me what happened, then we'll go find Annabeth."
He shook his head, "I have to go alone. Please Thalia."
-/-/-/

Annabeth wasn't sure what to expect. Or what to wear. Or how to stall. She just had to hope Percy would save her in time.
She didn't even change from earlier that day, just an ordinary day to day outfit. He didn't deserve her efforts to dress up.
He'd undoubtedly just say she was beautiful anyway.
These thoughts were masks to cover the darker fears she had. What if she did have to marry Luke? What if he hurt Percy anyway?
But if she thought about those, she felt her chest ache and a full on anxiety attack looming just around the corner.
So why not focus on stupid things teenage girls cared about these days?
She took a deep breath, checking her watch before leaving her apartment. The golden knob (though the lock was undoubtedly much cheaper than gold) clicked shut, leaving her alone with the city.
The constant honking of horns, the chatter of trios and pairs walking below, the whistle of a quiet wind.
She steeled herself for whatever came next as she walked, her car beeping unlocked.
-/-/-/-

Of course Thalia wasn't going to let Percy go alone. She'd only said so to make him shut up and go play knight in shining armor for his new girlfriend.
She'd known it would happen. She was going to say I told you so later, after this mayhem. Percy still wouldn't explain how the words "Lost" and "Failure" ended up scabbing over on his arm.
That was the gap he refused to talk about. Hurt flashed in his eyes every time she brought it up as well. And she didn't push it any further. She had her own secrets she wasn't ready to share.

But no way in Hades was she letting her cousin alone. She was the older sister of the relationship after all.
So after he was long gone, his 2016 Subaru car long out of sight (lame car though!) she began to follow the road he went along.
She knew the way to Pier 39, and she also knew the most likely spot they'd be in.
-/-/-
Percy shut the car off, locking it, and took off at a full on sprint, narrowly avoiding pedestrians and shopping racks alike.
He had more important worries than a few damn "Welcome to the Whale Station" Tee-shirts on sale at some tacky stop run by an aging foreigner.
They'd be at the dock, he was positive.
It was beautiful down there, a gazebo dominating the platform with curling vines tendrilling  the surface. And at this time? When the summer sun set fire to the water?
Perfect.
And that's where they were. He was positive. Only issue? The Parking lot and the dock were on opposite sides of the entire pier.
Not to mention that more than once he was stopped by some fat security guard munching lazily on a greasy hot dog or cheeseburger to tell him off for running.
It felt like he was running in slow motion as he drew closer, the ocean visible on the horizon. The street dipped upwards, forcing Percy to lose his view.
A view that was constantly searching for familiar blonde hair.
But what would Annabeth say? What could Percy do to stop her? He knew she'd do whatever it took to help him, but he needed her safe too.
Love was the worst two-way street out there, Percy was convinced.

A/N: So much writer's block! Sorry this chapter was a filler, but at least I updated, that's something. And hey!! This is going to be longer than Perachel, so please be patient...