6 - Others

*This is the three months ago, the day she was taken and is from other people's POVs*
Mitchell's POV
Kat had just broken away from our knockout game, when she collapsed on the floor. She yelled out "AAHHH" through clenched teeth, and everyone gathered around her. She was clearly in much pain, and her friends were concerned, while the mean ones were laughing. The others were curious. We watched in wonder and concern as she opened her eyes, but instead of regular eyes, were big, ghostly blue slitted eyes. People got their phones out to record what was happening. she looked down at her hands as did we, her nails were growing and sharpening. Her neck grew longer, wings sprouted out of her back. You could hear the cracking and popping. her muscles shifted under what used to be her skin and were now large rough white scales. There was a blue and black cross pattern on her back. He head grew larger, body sleeker, and a tail came from her back. She stood as a now thirty foot long dragon on all fours and had large spikes on her head and spine. She looked confused, and scared? As hard as it is to read a dragon's expression. She busted the window and ran into the field. she opened her wings and jumped into the woods. all was quiet, people whispering to each other. The gym teacher was on the phone with the police or the news or something. I had no idea what to do now, but the principal came in the room. He said for everyone to go to the front of the school. there were police cars and a couple new vans. Something big was going to happen.
*when Kat was being taken time skip*
The cop came up behind her and handcuffed her. We all knew she was stronger than him, especially when she snapped the cuffs. "I did nothing wrong!" she said. He just told her she was a danger. She knew it was true, unfortunately, we all did. She held out her hands. He put three sets of cuffs on. When the car drove away, everybody continued the news report. I wondered what they were going to do to her. People showed cell phone videos of what had happened, people were shouting over the crowd.
Kats mom's POV
Tonight Kat didn't come home. I'm worried, then James, her father, calls me into the living room. I walk in, and he has the tv paused on a news story that said "Teenage girl in new york highschool transforms into dragon" "look at this" james said, turning up the volume and resuming it. The lady on the news was speaking. "Sixteen year old girl Kat Ace, one day after birthday had been taken by police after transforming into a large dragon, breaking a window then disappearing. Here is a cell phone video of this" They played a video of my daughter collapsing on the floor and yelling, her muscles and bones shifting and popping. She became a huge white dragon with blue and black on her. I could not believe it. They showed an interview with her and her friends talking to the news reporter saying they had no idea what happened, and when a man cuffed her she said she did nothing bad and broke the cuffs. they put three more pairs on and drove away with her in the car.
I looked at James. "I thought there weren't any left" He said seriously to me. "so did i, how is it possible? she's only one fourth though" I said.
"maybe she's more" he said. I wondered. I could never shift. my parents could, but i thought that i just wasn't a shifter. I was scared what the police were going to do with Kat. Experiments? Power abuse?
*three months later (when Kat escaped)*
I heard that Kat had escaped the military center she was held in. They only knew she could be a dragon, so she was in luck. I hoped she was coming this way, or at least safe where she was.
note!
689 words
still kinda short, but i hope you liked it.
apparently, her mom was supposed to be a shifter, but never did. maybe she just didnt know how.. i wonder. apparently, her parent's parents were shifters too. hmm.