Chapter 28

The whole dinner was silent and awkward, Mandi and Dana kept eye balling eachother, Mandi keeping a straight face and Dana giving her warm smiles.

"I don't want to be here anymore." Mandi whispered to me.

"Okay, we just have to pay and we can leave." I whispered back.

"Everything okay babe?" Dalton said rubbing my thigh.

"Yea, we are gonna leave, Mandi doesn't wanna stay and neither do I. I'm gonna pay and we are gonna leave." I said, taking out my wallet.

"Stop, I'll pay." He said, holding my wrist.

I gave him a smile and put my wallet away.

When we got the bill I gave Dalton a kiss on the cheek and walked out the doors.

"Luci wait!" Dalton shouted.

I turned around to see an out of breath Dalton running towards me.

"You forgot this." He said, giving me a quick smile and leaning in to kiss me.

I smiled as his tounge lined my bottom lip.

When I pulled away I could see the lust in his eyes.

"I love you." He said, the smile never leaving his face.

"I love you too Dalton." I said, giving him another kiss before following Mandi out the doors.

"That was cute." Mandi said, sounding sarcastic.

"What's up your ass?" I said, backing out of the parking lot.

"I can't believe you." She said.

"Oh?" I said, pulling onto the freeway.

"First you tell me how big of an ass Dana is, then you tell me how sweet he is. I don't like him. I don't think I ever will." She said, staring at the rain drops that covered the window.

"Sorry for being such an awful friend." I snapped, losing patience in the traffic.

"But, that Will guy was pretty cute." She said, not even bothering to look at me.

"Really?" I said, the shock took over my words.

"Yea, he seems so sweet and adorable." She said, a smile on her face now.

"Well, me, you, Dalton and Will can go on a double date if you want. Next weekend." I said, finally relaxed cause traffic has picked up.

"I wont be here next weekend, I have to go back to Michigan." She said.

It's like she wants me to cave, then she finds a reason to knock down all my ideas.

"Oh." Was all I could manage to say.

Anger has finally taken over my body.

"What's wrong?" She said, as if nothing just happened.

"You tell me you think Will is cute, then when I say I'll set you up, you're not gonna be here. What do you have in Michigan? Parents that aren't ever home, friends that are all leaving for college? You have nothing there, you're never happy and when I try to help you you will always find a way to turn it down." I stopped myself before I could say anymore.

"We could all hang out another night before I leave." She said, ignoring all the mean things I said to her.

"Like when? When the hell will they have time to go out and hang out with us? Never, that's when. They are too busy with fucking work to make time for anyone. Trust me, I would know. But you wont care cause everything revolves around you. You can stay at Rachels tonight, I'm busy." I said, taking a quick turn onto Rachels street.