Chapter 3

"Well what?" I said, staring at her, while tears filled her eyes.

"Before me and Cole started dating, I met this guy name Dan, and well, things happened, things that I didn't ask for. I didn't tell him because it was too hard to talk about, I can't can't get the images out of my head of what he did to me." Rachel said, tears streaming down her face.

"But how did Cole find out?" I questioned, holding her hands, trying to support her in anyway possible.

"Well, Dan texted me, I changed my number and everything after that night, but he still found me. My phone went off this morning and he sent me this text." Rachel held her phone up to my face, the text message read

"Hey, I miss you, why don't you ditch your boyfriend and you can do all those special things that we did a few months ago."

I handed her phone back, my face showing I was disgusted.

"Cole took my phone, which I normally don't mind, but I forgot to delete the text message and I put up a fight to take my phone back, but he knew something was wrong, so he shoved me away and locked himself in our room. But after reading the text message he lost it. He wouldn't even give me time to explain, how Dan raped me." She said, her voice drifting off.

"Wait, that text message said a few months ago," I said, clearly stating the obvious. "Did he do it again?" I said, now both my arms around her, hugging her tightly.

"Yes," she said quietly, tears drenching my shirt, but I didn't mind.

I knew Dalton and Cole could hear our whole conversation, but Cole still didn't come out, so Dalton stormed out of our room and directly into his.

"Are you kidding me!" Dalton shouted behind closed doors.

"What?" Cole yelled back, even louder.

"Did you not hear that your girlfriend got raped twice and you haven't done shit about it?" He yelled, trying to over power Cole, which to me, he did.

"She never told me! What the hell was I supposed to do!" He screamed.

"Even when Luci is saying she is fine, I know, I always know that something bad happened, and you should too!" Dalton yelled, "maybe if you got your head out of your ass, you would've known sooner and could've did something to stop it! Dalton screamed, making it echo.

He walked out of Cole's room, slamming the door.

He sat on the chair across from the couch and stared at me.

"Thank you," Rachel whispered, her head still buried into my shoulder.

"No problem, anything for a friend." Dalton said, still looking at me and smiling.

"Thank you." I mouthed to him.

*********************************************************************

After a long ten minutes of Rachel crying into my shirt and Dalton staring at me, not knowing what to do, and me rubbing Rachel's back, Cole finally came out of his room, his eyes red and puffy.

Rachel looked up, her face red, along with her eyes almost swollen shut.

"Can we talk?" Cole said.

Dalton shot up, and glance at Rachel.

"It's fine Dalton, but thanks, I guess we can talk." She said sniffling.

Me and Dalton walked into our room and had a discussion of our own.

"That was really sweet what you did for Rachel." I said as Dalton rubbed my bare back.

"Well, I know she would've done the same for me, well I hoped she would." He said, now kissing my back.