Spirits of the Past

En başından başla

"Rae," I looked to Foxglove, "You will lay on the table, and the cuffs shall go around your wrists. I will then slice the palm of your hands, allowing the blood to travel around the engravements on the table." I nodded, before climbing up on the stone ad laying back. "Tell me when you are ready"

Here we go. 'I hope you're ready Raven, I can't get through this on my own.'

'I'm with you.'

Nodding towards Foxglove, I felt the cuffs tighten on my wrists. The witch pulled out a small blade. Shit, that's silver. The sharp point moved closer to my right palm.

"I call upon ye Spirits of thee Past," She spoke, slicing down my hand, "I call upon thee to help Rae Lewis figure out thee past on which she is in darkness." I felt the sting in my right palm as my blood sunk into the rock I was laying on. Foxglove moved around to he other side. "Help ye figured out thee truth, to help her in thee future."

[Play song]

I could feel the room suddenly seem enclosed, like it was full of unknown bodies or spirits. Finally, the blade struck down on my left palm, making my tightly shut my eyes and clench my jaw. Darkness surrounded the room, and the only light was Foxglove's eyes as she looked around. That was the last thing I saw before brightness consumed me.

Leo, Lucy and I sat in a circle. It was on the outside of the woods, in a field with long green grass and tall, sprouting daisy's. I could se Lucy's figure suddenly become stiff before she turned to me.

"Can we go in the forest and play?" she asked. As much as I wanted to let her, I couldn't. She had yet to shift and Leo and I were only new-shifters. If a rouge came by, we wouldn't stand a chance.

"No Luc." I mumbled.

"Why?"

"Because you haven't shifted yet." Leo spoke.

"So?"

"It make you weak and defenseless." I told her.

"I am not weak." she snapped.

"You are without your wolf! You are no different to a human." Leo growled at her.

"I want to be like you guys! I want to run wild and free!" she cried, standing up. She took a step towards the forest.

"No Lucy" I warned, "You can't."

"Yes." she whispered, "I can."

"No Lucy!" Leo went to leap up and stop her but she was already gone.

"LUCY!"

I frowned. So that was the memory of Lucy, the one I couldn't remember the argument we had. I could feel tears crawling to fall from my eyes. I let her escape, I could've saved her. An achy feeling was coming down my body, almost as if someone was pushing down.

"I don't want to be like you!"

I laughed, running in my wolf away from the Alpha that chased me. Mason's wolf was meters away behind but could catch we with ease. My fourteen year old wolf was growing stronger and more powerful everyday. I sprinted off into the woods, listening to the paws that followed.

It was a sunny day, the grass seemed to glow when the sun hit it, the flowers seemed to bloom brighter, the birds tweeted louder. I was so intrigued by the surroundings that I didn't realise the danger I was moving in towards. A tall man, with the scent of a vampire stalked towards me before gripping hold of my fur, I growled out, but this only seemed to make them laugh. Wait, them?