Chapter Two: Twist

Twist was pretending that holding her hand wasn't a big deal. On the inside though, he was a wreck. Would she read into it? Fortuneately, Alice didn't seem to notice. The cafe they were heading towards suddenly faded and he groaned. That was the bad thing about this place. This place was so warped between worlds that nothing stayed any longer than it could. Luckily, they never felt hungry or tired. He finally broke the silence.

"Maybe she strayed to a different world." He suggested to the red haired girl at his side. "Maybe she's partying with some pixies right about now." They both smiled at that. Marin was the sort of girl who had been in college, straight A's, nice job at a bookstore, fairy tale prince-like fiance. She hated partying, unless it was a midnight book release. 

"Maybe she's sipping tea with Tentacle Face." They burst into laughter. 

"I do have a name, child." The two of them stopped, stone cold. They glanced at each other, then slowly turned around. There was the squid-headed man, in his tuxedo and top hat, holding a cane in his crossed arms. "I am called Tripleman. I am not 'Tentacle Face'." Alice was the first to speak.

"So, so, sorry, M-mr. Tripleface, I mean man! Tripleman! It's just," she looked over at Twist, "You never spoke to us either of us. I needed something to call you!" Tripleman raised a squidly eyebrow and looked at her with beady black eyes. He clasped his hands together and nodded at a table for three that had appeared out of the foggy air. The three sat down.

"You both have been here for two months. And in that time on the Outside, your...doctors have broken through the barriers between worlds."

________

I'll add more later. In the mean time, Happy Holidays, everybody!!