"We should get out of the house." Blake's voice snapped me out of my thoughts once again. I froze in the kitchen's entrance. Leave the house? Again?!

"Wh-what? Why?"

"I would like to take you out right now." Blake answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I pouted as he grinned at me before raiding the pantry. He pulled out a bag of trail mix before facing me once again, raising a questioning eyebrow as he snacked.

"Our date is right now?" I asked incredulously, not really wanting to step foot out of the house again.

"Of course not! Our date is this Saturday. I just wanted to take you out of the house for a few hours. Surely being cooped up in here for more than a month can't be healthy."

"H-hey! I am perfectly healthy." I countered, knowing that it wasn't necessarily the truth. The last time I was even hit with a ray of direct sunlight was when my family first moved. It was night time when Blake took me out of the house to go to Party City so that didn't count. No wonder you're so pale. Look how tanned Blake is.

"But you won't be if you decide to spend the rest of your life indoors." Blake's tone wasn't judgmental in the slightest. He actually sounded like he was worried and was really hoping that I would go outside. But I couldn't, not with all those predators who would most likely be out. I couldn't handle it. Already, I could feel myself panicking. What if something happened to me?

"Hey, hey, hey, Liam! Look at me, love." Blake's hands were firmly holding onto my arms. I wasn't sure when my vision had gone unfocused, but I followed his order and looked directly into his vivid green eyes. Instantly, I was relaxing.

"That's it. You're doing great, love. Can you follow my breathing?" He questioned, dramatically inhaling and exhaling air. I followed him, now noticing that my lungs were on fire.

Blake kissed my forehead once he realized that I was okay. I hugged him quickly, burying my face into his chest, wetting his shirt with my stray tears.

"It's okay, love. I'm sorry for pushing you. We don't have to leave now." He said apologetically before nuzzling my hair. I shook my head, now sad that he was disappointed. He may not have said it, but I knew he was. Plus, if I couldn't even go out right now to hang out, how would I go out for our date?

"I-I want to go out." I told him as I took my face from his chest. He looked at me in shock before grinning and wiping my face dry.

"Really? You don't have to." Despite his words, I knew that Blake really wanted to get out of the house, and I didn't want to get in the way of that.

"Yes, really. I-I will go grab my shoes." I was out of the kitchen before he could respond. I convinced myself that this would be a good thing while heading upstairs. Blake was already at the front door when I came back down. He pulled me close and pecked my lips quickly, making my blush reappear in an instant.

"Trust me, love. You'll be okay." He whispered, slowly washing my worries away.

"I trust you."

***

                "A dog shelter?!" I asked excitedly after Blake had taken his hands from over my eyes. Eagerness filled my entire being as I bounced on my tippy-toes while looking at the large building.

                "Yeah..." Blake mumbled. I turned to him to see that his face was red, much like my own would be if I was blushing. Was he nervous? Did I make Blake nervous?

                "I remember you telling me that you absolutely adore dogs. I thought this would be okay." He explained. It was my turn to blush. I had told Blake that piece of information during the first week of school. I couldn't believe that he remembered something so small.