Nothing To Lose Anymore...

Start from the beginning

Right then and there, they held their arms up.

We soon realized who they were.

The old citizens of our kingdom who headed to fight for Greanger instead.

Shame filled their faces in surrender. The villagers began to murmur among themselves what was to be done to the traitors.

"Hold your fire." our leader said sternly.

His eyes eagled into the soldiers' eyes. They were surely frightened, but a sense of relief washed over them for they knew that they were our brothers.

Yet, I could feel the cold in the forest.

It was not the kind of cold that you feel in the wind and air, but the displeasure you could feel from some of our soldiers towards these men.

"But they are TRAITORS!!!" someone disagreed wishing them death.

"Leave them be...I am your leader until the king returns."

"But, sir, we should kill them! They have joined the enemy!" Another arose.

But the leader, knowing the wiser, saw the hate within the eyes of him who spoke. "No, I will not. For this war has begun from greed, hatred, and revenge, I will not succumb to such lowness."

The man became speechless at his words.

"Thank you..." the traitor humbly replied.

But as soon as the traitor spoke gratitude, the leader still had qualifications of safety and character. The leader continued..

"But you will be bound, for we do not have trust in you as we did before."

The traitors eyes saw the great forgiveness of the leader understanding what has been given. His eyes fell to the ground in shame, but felt a sense of care in the midst of it.

Although the leader had the traitors in chains, some of the men and women were still against this decision and was not very happy. However, the head soldier was steadfast and unmovable.

Right when we started setting foot again, the official guards of the king were heading to us. There was only three of them left...

The king had ten...

The villagers gasped and went again with murmurings.

"Where is the king?!" the leader said concerned.

"There isn't any more time to explain..." He panted. "We have to get the rest of the villagers out. They are searching the perimeter and are looking to kill survivors."

"Understood, let's move it."

They rounded out the people and mounted on their horses. Some of the soldiers stayed in the front, middle, back, while some patrolled back and forth to check, scout, or aid anyone in need of assistance.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

They heard a faint sound as they were slowly heading deeper into the mossy forest.

Thump! Thump! Thump!

They heard the sound more and more.
It was getting closer. They heard the rumble as if it were a stampede, but the soldiers knew it.

"Greanger's men! They're coming!" a civilian shouted in desperation.

"Get ready! Fight and guard the villagers!" the leader commanded. "All you soldiers, go ahead of us and protect them. We will catch up to you."

The soldiers went, but the group stayed to fight.

"Come on you chosen few.. let's fight this fight!" He ordered his special group of men.