Chapter 15

(Yes I did draw this eye in the photo, with pastels)

I suddenly awoke in the middle of the night in intense pain, and my body so hot it felt like my body was on fire. This pain was worse than my first shift. I threw of the blankets hoping it would help and screamed my pain so loud I'm sure the whole pack heard it. Someone came into my room and turned on the light, I think it was Seth, and saw me writhing in pain and yelled something out the door before I closed my eyes for a second then opened them when more people came in, I screamed again, and I briefly saw Nate barrel through the people ordering someone to go get the pack doctor and rushing up to me, before I closed my eyes again clenching my jaw in pain.

When I opened my eyes again I saw Nate reach to touch my arm, but as soon as he touched me I immediately pulled my arm away from him, his touch burned, and I let out a silent scream. That's when the doctor came into view and assessed the situation, yelled at everyone to get out except Nate, who refused to leave, and pulled something out of his bag, and presented me with my reflection in a mirror, where I could see my sweaty face, but what creeped me out the most was my wide eyes.

They were my wolfs white eyes but the veins were showing so they looked hauntingly scary.

I closed my eyes partly so I couldn't see my reflection and partly because I was still in pain. Someone's voice, I think it was the doctors, flitted into my head, and I opened my eyes, "Don't fight it just relax and let it in." I didn't know what that meant or what 'it' was but I realized I was blocking something from my mind, and opened the block. Then suddenly I wasn't in pain anymore, and felt just fine so I relaxed.

Nate then jumped into my view scanning me for injuries and spouting questions, "Are you okay? What was that about? Are you still in pain? Are you still hot? Do you need anything? Can I touch your arm now? I was so worried." Then stopped to breath, when he realized I was looking at him with amusement.

"Yes. I have no idea. No. No. Maybe some clothes that aren't soaked in sweat. And Yes." I replied, answering all his worried questions. "Do you know what that was about Rosalia?" I asked in my head.

"Yes, I've been waiting for this to happen for some time now." She replied. Confused I asked,
"Then what is it and why didn't you tell me."

"I'll tell you if you ask them to leave the room but mate stays just across the room."

I immediately told the pack doctor thanks, and told him my wolf wanted to talk to me and if he would leave the room, he nodded in understanding and closed the door behind him. Then I told Nate to go sit on the desk chair and I would tell him when I was through talking to my wolf. He complained, wanting to stay by my side, but did what I asked.

"Now what is this about?" I asked Rosalia.

"The burning pain you just felt was the manifestation of your powers. They are usually dormant in the person's body until the first full moon after they turn 18. You have a special ability that allows you to do very important and special things, it's the ability to manipulate your body's natural shield and also contact the spirits of werewolves that have passed on. You can force your shield outwards to surround your body and protect yourself, or force it to a specific part of someone else's body and heal them quickly. It is also a part of the reason why you can block me so well from your mind. But it takes training to learn to control fully, and even then if you use it too much it can take a toll on your body. This ability has never been given a name, it's very rare and special, but some have called the person with this ability a dreadnought, or a pneumatic. Personally I would call you an Idiosyncratic healer or a psyche. I know. I wish it had a cool name too." She explains.