Chapter 7

After a while of running and blowing off some steam I found a waterfall to rest at. I shifted back and sighed, grabbing a huge t-shirt, that covered all my assets and then some, that I found in the hollow of a nearby tree.

Why do these things keep happening to me? I wondered sighing again, not even having it in me to cry over the pain in my chest.

Suddenly I heard faint sounds nearby that sounded like soft whimpers. Curious I wandered towards the sound, as I got closer I noticed a small girl wearing what looks to be a dirty torn yellow sundress on the ground hunched over a tree trunk with brown hair, she was whimpering and crying.

That's when the smell of blood hit me, she's bleeding. 'Oh my gosh the poor child! She couldn't be more than 5!' I thought as I got closer.

"Are you alright little one?" I asked softly trying not to scare her, she's obviously been through a lot. She jumped slightly snapping her head to look at me fear in her eyes, as she cowered trying to crawl away. "It's ok, I'm not going to hurt you I'd like to help." I said softly stepping closer and putting my hands up in surrender.

"Y-y-you're n-n-not?" She asked looking at me with hope in her big blue eyes.

"No I'm not, now may I help you that wound looks bad and it needs to be cleaned up before it gets infected." Stepping closer and showing her my scarred arms "I've been there." I stated, her eyes widened. I feel this strong connection to her for some reason.

"O-ok I-I don't know w-why but I trust you" she said softly her voice coming out small and weak.

"Seth get over to the waterfall at the edge of the territory with the pack doctor now!" I demanded, a sense of urgency in my voice, through the mind link, then I cut the connection before he could ask questions. Since I was still technically not a part of the pack, I think I'm more of a guest, I could only communicate with a higher rank with a mind link unless I joined the pack.

I gently scooped her up into my arms, careful not to hurt her more, and speed walked to the waterfall where I gently laid her down on the grass, and then torn a piece of my shirt, dipped it in the cool water, and started gentley cleaning her wounds with the skills of experience. I had to teach myself how to clean and care for wounds because I wasn't allowed to go to the pack doctor.

"You make me feel safe." She mumbled.

"What's your name?" I asked her softly. Finishing cleaning her wounds.

"Aryia" (ah-ree-ah) She stated faintly her eyes drooping. She must've lost a lot of blood. I started to get worried.

"Well Aryia, I'm glad you trust me. I'm gonna need to to stay awake just a little bit longer, ok?" I explained, hearing rushed footsteps coming closer.

Seth was the first to arrive then I noticed a scruffy guy with a bag right behind him who I am going to assume is the pack doctor, just as Aryia closed her eyes.

"What happened!?" Seth asked looking panicked when he spotted me scanning me for injuries until he spotted the small girl in my arms.

"Are you the pack doctor?" I asked, ignoring what Seth said and addressing the scruffy guy.

"Yes." He stated nodding.

"Help her," I demanded, setting Aryia on the grass, "She's lost a lot of blood and she has a deep gash on her side. I did my best to clean it and stop the bleeding." I continued. He looked shocked for a second then started checking her injuries. For whatever reason he looked shocked for I didn't know, I was too busy worrying about Aryia. I don't know why I have this strong connection to her but Rosalia is very protective of her for some reason and she keeps pacing in my head. I feel like I would be devastated if she died and I don't know why.

"I need to get her to the pack hospital to stitch up that wound, she's stable but be careful she could plummet if she doesn't get there soon." He instructed, standing with his bag. I nodded and gently scooped her back in my arms, and quickly walked after the pack doctor, careful not to move her too much, towards the pack hospital.

When we got there I placed her on the gurney that they had rushed towards me with, and they moved her to another place to be stitched. The pack doctor told me to wait in the waiting room.

I paced back and forth around the waiting room anxious to know if she was okay, as worry consumed me. I didn't even notice Seth calling my name until he grabbed my shoulder.

"Why was there a rouge in your arms when I got to the waterfall and what happened?" He asked demandingly.

"Her name is Aryia," I stated suddenly feeling protective, "and I found her bleeding against a tree, I wasn't just going to leave her there and not help her." I stated, as anger filled my voice.

"Alex." The doctor said walking towards me. He suddenly had all my attention as I walked up to him and ignored Seth. "She keeps calling your name, she won't talk to anyone else but you." He stated. "Be careful with her, I stitched her wounds and gave her something for the pain but she needs rest." He instructed.

"Of course." I said anxious to see her.

"She's in room 103." He stated. I ran up to her room, pausing briefly to catch my breath, then I walked in.

~~~~

Hey hey hey my readers! I had a lot of fun writing this chapter and I was so excited to post it.

What's up buttercup? Lol

I think I'm gonna start posting each chapter every Monday or Tuesday of each week, what do you think?

As Alex put it "HOLY CRACKERS" there's like 200 people reading this like dang that's a lot of people ☺️

Remember to Vote, Comment, and Share!

Until next time, my lovely readers. 😋