Chapter 1

"Alexandria get your fat ass down here now!" My "loving" dad Robert yells.

"Coming" I squeak, fear crawling up my spin as I rush out of the bathroom and towards the stairs, accidentally stubbing my toe as I round the corner.

"Holy crackers that hurts" I mutter quietly, and limp down the stairs as the pain radiates throughout the rest of my already aching body.

"There you are slut, what took you so damn long!" He yells.

"I-I'm sorry, I-I was in the b-bathroom." I stutter out, fearing what he'll do next.

"I don't care Idiot! Just make me breakfast already! You're making me late for my meeting with the Full Moon pack." He growls, as I walk to the kitchen.

I wince in pain turning the stove on with my sore wrists, I grabbed the food from the fridge, and started to make his breakfast.

It's been like this for as long as I can remember. My mom died giving birth to me, and he blames me for her death and uses me as a punching bag.

My name is Alexandria Lochaven I'm almost 18, and I'm a werewolf, my dad's the Alpha but he doesn't know I can shift yet because he doesn't give two peas about me. I'm a brunette, I have blue/greenish eyes depending on the light, long legs, relatively tan skin, and what I imagine to be a cute face. I wouldn't know cuz all I get is insults, but I don't let them get to me.

"What's taking so long!" He yells from the dining room, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Coming!" I croak, my voice sore, turning off the stove I grab a plate and quickly dish the food onto it, then rush to the dining room out of breath.

"Finally! Took you long enough." He exclaims when I walk in. I put the plate in front of him and attempt to walk away quickly, but he roughly pulls me back by my wrist before I could move. I wince, pain radiating up my arm.

"Where do you think you're going!" He says, and slaps me so hard I fall to the ground. Pain radiates from my cheek and tears prick my eyes, but I hold them back as I try to restrain my wolf, Rosalia, who is seething in anger. She wants nothing more than to rip his head off.

"You didn't think you'd get away without anything, did you..." He paused, "DID YOU!" He growled, when I didn't make a sound, standing above me.

"N-no" I said barely above a whisper, cowering in fear. I knew he heard me with his advanced wolf hearing.

"Good, now leave my sight you pathetic ugly whore" he states, sitting down again, as I get up and attempt to run out of there as fast as I can almost tripping over my own two feet.

I grab my backpack and a granola bar, briefly pausing to look in the mirror. I'm wearing worn black jeans, a baggy beetles t- shirt, and my blue jacket to cover the scars on my arms that are almost healed from the time he got drunk a week ago and decided to take a silver knife to my skin. I shiver at the horrible memory, and shake my head to get rid of it, and then walk out the door, opening my granola bar slowly with my injured wrists and head to school. 'boo,' I thought. 'It's raining.'

I'm actually kind of happy, I get to finally graduate today and it's my 18th birthday. And I'm going to run away tonight before 'he' comes home from his meeting at another pack. You may be asking why haven't you met your mate yet, short for soul mate and basically means they're the one that was chosen for you by the moon goddess to be yours, but sadly I haven't met mine yet and I'm definitely not going to stand around here getting beat up and wait for him to come rescue me. Plus I kinda just gave up hope of ever finding my mate a long time ago when I first shifted.

Right when I get to school the bell rings, so I just head straight to class, drowning out all the hateful words headed for my ears. School goes by pretty quick, even though I had to hide in the office during lunch to avoid the bullies. Namely Miranda, the queen bea, and my personal tormentor. 'I'm so glad I'm leaving here, I'm not happy here and I have nothing holding me back now that school's over.'

When the last bell rings I bolt out of class and head straight to the office to grab my diploma, I have an understanding with the office staff that was achieved through excellent grades and the fact the office staff are human and noticed the bullying and confronted me about it so I bargained with them that they can discreetly try to stop the bully in exchange for my diploma given to me on the last day of school. I grab it and leave the school to walk home, but I got too excited and ran home only stopping when I got to the driveway of the house.  

I walk inside and up the stairs heading straight to my bedroom, daring to let a small smile grace my lips. I walk into my closet of a room, grabbing my duffle and filling it with the few clothes and Items I own. If I'm still here when he gets back I'll be beaten again, and the beatings are always worse at night. Like last night when he chained me to the wall in the basement and wiped my back, while laughing like a maniac. My Back still stings a little. I quickly walked into the bathroom and grabbed all my toiletries, then I darted back into my room to grab my ipod with all my songs on it, it's my lifeline and the only thing that kept me from losing hope of escaping. I quickly grabbed the charger stuffing them both into my bag. I didn't have many possessions so I finished within 5 minutes.

Quickly leaving my now empty room with the duffle in my hands, I jog down the stairs, anxious to leave this hell hole, and out the back door that leads to the woods behind the house.

Running to the tree line, I dart behind the nearest tree, striping and shoving the clothes into the duffle and putting it on my back like a backpack. I shift, a familiar tingling sensation spreading throughout my body, and morph into my almost completely white wolf with brown patches on my feet and left ear, then me and Rosalia bolt out of pack territory on all fours.

"Run as far away from here as possible." I say to Rosalia, finally relaxing and letting her take control.

"Okay." She replies in my head.

That's when I finally start thinking of where to go next tuning everything else out.  

---

When I finally tune back in a few hours later, my surroundings aren't familiar to me. We're in a denser forest with white trees.

"Where are we?" I ask Rosalia.

"I think we're close to the Dusk Moon pack." She replies in my head.

"The Dusk Moon pack? Holy crap!" That's halfway across the country, and it's one of the biggest and most successful packs in the U.S.

"Dang you can run fast! I'm sorry I had to suppress you so much, I just couldn't let him know about you" I confessed apologetically.

"No it's okay, I understand why, and I wanted to get us as far away from him as possible." She growls the last part out.

We slow to a trot and head over to a tree and shift back into human form. Taking the duffle off my back, I grab underwear, shorts, and a long sleeved striped shirt out of it, and change into the clothes quickly then sling the duffle on one of my shoulders. And I was about to climb the tree, to rest because I was feeling sleepy, but Rosalia suddenly became alert, coming to the front of my mind.

"What's wrong?" I ask, using my wolf eyes to look around, searching for anything out of the ordinary.

A bush rustles in front of me and fear courses through my body, "what if he found me" I thought, when suddenly, out steps a large black werewolf staring straight at me...

Growling.

_______________________
Authors note:
Thank you so much for reading my story! I hope you like it so far, and that more of you will read this. *wink wink* jk As long as I know someone is I'll be good with that. Also I didn't edit this very much so excuse the spelling and or grammar mistakes.