38.

It was the day of the event.

I woke up suddenly, feeling like I had overslept. I looked over at the clock and it read 12:30PM. I felt myself let out a small sigh when I realized that Anthony wasn't in bed next to me. He was probably back at the studio with the guys practicing for tonight. Even though I wanted to wake up next to him and admire his beauty, I was also thankful that he'd let me sleep. 

I walked downstairs and noticed a beautifully wrapped package sitting on the couch along with a bouquet of pink peonies next to it. I assumed this must have been from Anthony. Nobody else knew that peonies were my favorite type of flower. I rushed downstairs like an eager child and opened up the package, being as crisp and neat as I could. I heard myself gasp when I pulled out this gorgeous black dress. 

"Oh my god.." I whispered, still admiring the gown. I searched for a card inside the bouquet and finally found it. It read: 

"You'll be hot stuff tonight if you wear this dress! Love you!" - Chloe

I smiled. She was the sweetest. I assumed she and Anthony must've gotten together this morning and picked this beauty out for me. I immediately called her, thanking her for picking this out. 

"It was all Anthony, trust me. I'll see you in a bit babe!" she said, hanging up the phone.

I ran upstairs and  got myself dressed and stared at myself in my mirror. This black dress was everything. It was so simple, yet it was perfect. It highlighted my baby bump perfectly and for once, I didn't feel so self-conscious. I did my hair and makeup and decided that I was going to wear my sparkly black toms instead of heels. Only a crazy person would wear heels while pregnant. Even though I wanted Anthony here with me so I could admire him while he got ready, he was still at the studio with the guys preparing for the benefit. A few minutes later, Chloe rang the doorbell and hurried me outside into the car that would take us to the venue. "I swear, you are like the hottest pregnant woman I've ever seen. No lie," Chloe gushed. I definitely felt beautiful.

When we arrived, Chloe got us both a refreshment and we made our way to the table that had our names on it. After a few minutes of socializing with the people around us, I started to feel very mild cramps, but I just assumed it might have been because of how tired I was. So I ignored it. I started to feel extremely uncomfortable after while, so I decided to go backstage and check up on the guys for a bit. I had made the assumption that if I was still for too long, then I started to feel uncomfortable. I made my backstage and surprised Anthony from behind. He had been practicing his voice exercises with Josh and Nat when I scared him.

"Oh my god. You might be the only pregnant person I know who always looks so stunning," said Nat, from across the room. I gave him a playful scowl. I was so bad with compliments, it was ridiculous.

"I missed you, a lot," I said, wrapping my arms around Anthony and giving him a small and gentle kiss.

"I see you liked the dress Chloe got you?" he said, spinning me around and admiring every inch of my body.

"Chloe doesn't like black," I said, looking over at Chloe who tried to hide. "I knew this had to have been you. And the flowers were lovely," I gushed. 

"I could spoil you for days," he said, kissing me and rubbing my stomach.

After watching Anthony and the guys rehearse for a bit, I made my way to my seat and found Chloe. The curtains unfolded and the lights dimmed on stage. The guys started playing and of course, they put on one of the best performances I had ever seen. During the middle of a song, I noticed the cramp and uncomfortable feeling return in between my thighs. I adjusted myself in my seat when I felt a trickle of a liquid start to roll down my legs. Holy fuck, did I just pee myself without knowing? I then heard a tiny popping sound and felt more and more liquid leave my body, soaking my legs and feet. I instantly knew what was happening. I looked over at Chloe, grabbed her arm, and said worriedly, "Chloe I think my water just broke. Or I peed. I don't know, but I totally just ruined this dress and this nice fancy chair." I began to feel the cramping pains again, but this time they were stronger and more intense. 

"Oh my god. It's happening. Okay, don't panic. We're going to the hospital right now." Chloe said, helping me from my chair and leading the way out of the event room. We were trying to be as discreet as possible, but the pain was starting to become unbearable and I heard myself let out small moans as Chloe tried to help me.

"What about Anthony?" I whispered, trying not to wince at how much pain I was in. Chloe looked at me with a concerned look. "He'll be there, don't worry," she said, leading me towards the exit.

As we were rushing out of the room, Anthony must've noticed what was going on so he went and whispered into Flea's ear and said in the mic with excitement, "The love of my life is about to give birth to our child and I have to be there."

He rushed off stage and came to my rescue. He held my hand and carefully placed me in the car that would take us to the hospital. I was having goosebumps all over. I was so nervous and excited and I couldn't wait to meet my child.

The doctor's put me in a wheelchair and wheeled me over to the hospital room. I can't even describe how I was feeling. My legs were trembling and my tummy was begging me to start pushing. The doctor's prepped me and began telling me to push. I pushed as hard as I could and I felt my body go weak. Just as I was about to give up and close my eyes, Anthony came into the hospital room, dressed in blue scrubs and grabbed my hand and kissed my forehead. "Keep pushing, love. The baby's almost here," he reassured.

I pushed and pushed until I heard a tiny cry. I sighed in relief and laid my head down. As the doctor's began cleaning the baby and wrapping my child in a tiny blanket, I heard Anthony gasp and smile, with tears beginning to roll down his face.

"It's a boy," said the doctor as he placed my son in my arms.

I felt my cheeks grow hot and I slowly started to cry tears of complete happiness. 

"Jude." was all I could say. I looked at Jude, my son, and touched his precious little face with my fingers. My god he was the most adorable little human. Anthony placed his head against mine as we both admired our baby. "What a perfect name," he said before slowly humming Hey Jude by the Beatles.