14.

It had been a month since I returned home and to my life with Nat. As much as I don't like to dwell on the past or think about things that have caused me such emotional distress, Nat did a really good job at allowing me to grieve in my own way. He always kept me on my toes. I think he thought that if he kept me busy doing things I liked, then I'd be alright. He was smart, because it did work. Nat took me all over California. He took me to Los Angeles frequently because that's where his connections were. I met his friends and family and they were all so welcoming. Things were starting to return to normal and I was glad.

But I thought about Anthony almost every day. There was just something about him that I craved. I wanted him so badly but I made myself believe that he didn't want me back. I don't know, feelings were silly and I needed to focus on other things. I found myself listening to so much RHCP in the vinyl room. Anthony's voice was just so angelic and I loved hearing him sing. As much as I missed Anthony, I just didn't know how to approach him again or if I even should. Meh, I put on Californication by RHCP and decided to cook dinner for myself and Nat. Just as I finished cooking, I heard the front door open. I felt like such a housewife because I was so excited that he had come home. He told me about his day and I did the same as we both scarfed down the fettuccine alfredo that I had made for us. Just as I was putting up the dishes, Nat began to say, "Oh, you won't believe who I saw at the studio today," I slowly looked up at Nat and I just knew. I mean, who else could be so important that Nat would even mention. "Oh." was all I managed to say. I was so nervous but so excited at the same time. I knew it was Anthony and I didn't want to seem eager or suspicious. "How'd that go?" I said. "He came by and said hello. Brought me coffee and we discussed music," he said. "How sweet of him," I answered. "He also asked about you. He wanted to make sure you were alright." Nat added. I immediately felt myself blush. Anthony Kiedis was asking about me. ME. I was so lame.

"Well, that's nice" was all I managed to say. I was being so obvious!

I think Nat must've known that I had some sort of emotional connection to Anthony because he let out a small chuckle after I replied.

"He actually invited us to their next concert that they're playing in LA. It's in a couple of days. It's VIP. I thought you might like to go if you're up for it." Nat said.

I screamed yes internally. Of course I wanted to go. I really wanted to see Anthony and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. My mood had increased significantly since my encounter with Anthony weeks ago. Maybe we could just be friends. I was totally fine with that. I wasn't going to beat myself up if he didn't like me. I mean, friends is nice, too.

"You know what? A million times yes." I cheered.

Me and Nat watched a movie that night and fell asleep on the couch together. I was so freaking excited for this concert. It made me feel so warm knowing that Anthony asked about me and actually put in the effort to see Nat to make sure I was okay. Maybe he did care after all.